“As the virtual ‘window’ to our University, it is important to us that our website reflects Bastyr’s true character and is simple to navigate,” said Bastyr University President Daniel K. Church, PhD. “With this website redesign, we intend to improve both the front-end experience and back-end functionality of the site, making it easier and more enjoyable to learn about all Bastyr University has to offer.”
Among the major updates and changes to the Bastyr University website:
- New school colors – cranberry, ginger and juniper
- Searchable, easy-to-find health tips and recipes
- Capability to easily integrate video (for example, see the housing page)
- Streamlined registration process for events
- New mobile optimization tools, including a brand-new custom iPhone app
- Faster, easier access to Bookstore purchases
- A more comprehensive search function for academic programs
“By making these updates, we are confident that the overall user experience of our website will be enhanced and that the rich 34-year legacy of our institution is reflected well in a 21st century package,” Dr. Church said.
About Bastyr University
Bastyr University, located near Seattle, Washington, is internationally recognized as a pioneer in natural medicine. As the largest accredited university for natural health arts and sciences in the U.S., Bastyr offers more than 17 degree and certificate programs in fields such as naturopathic medicine, acupuncture & Oriental medicine, and whole-food nutrition. Founded in 1978, the University now includes a leading-edge research facility (the Bastyr University Research Institute) and outstanding clinical training at Bastyr Center for Natural Health. The University’s second campus, Bastyr University California, opened in San Diego, California, in fall 2012, becoming the state’s first and only accredited school of naturopathic medicine.