Bastyr University California is expanding ahead of schedule, growing into a second building in time for the fall 2013 quarter.
The building, next door to our current home at 4106 Sorrento Valley Boulevard in San Diego, allows us to add a string of academic and clinical features:
- A new entrance and reception room for our teaching clinic, Bastyr University Clinic
- 11 clinical examination rooms and clinician/faculty review rooms
- An IV clinic and laboratory
- A hydrotherapy room with sauna and bathing facilities
- A physical medicine and exercise room with yoga flooring
- A botanical medicine lab with herbal storage facilities
- A large classroom and conference room
- Office space
- A small break room
- Potential for a future nutrition lab
The expansion frees up space in our main building, and we will also landscape and improve the walkway connecting the buildings. The majority of the $1 million-plus project will be completed by the start of classes in September.
"We didn't anticipate doing this within eight months of opening the campus, but we're delighted to have this much interest," says Sheldon R. Haber, Bastyr's vice president for finance and administration. "This really gives us a lot of capacity to expand our clinical education."