Hypnotherapy: Professional Weight Management Training (HYPNO - 13PROF02)
Kenmore, WA 98028-4966
|Professional after 2/19||$ 479.00|
|Bastyr/NIAOM alumni after 2/19||$ 429.00|
|General public after 2/19||$ 479.00|
|BU staff after 2/19||$ 389.00|
|Full time student||$ 289.00|
Prerequisite: : Hypnotherapy: Awareness & Integration, or Hypnotherapy: Transformation & Healing, or equivalent training with permission.
With an alarming rise in obesity, weight management and weight loss has become a critical health issue among men, women and children across the U.S. Be part of the solution. Offer your clients proven protocols in private and group settings, to help them find their way out of fad and yo-yo diets, and onto a path of healthy and sustainable weight management.
You will learn how to instruct individuals and groups to heal issues that have caused weight gain, administer self-hypnosis as a stress reduction technique, and enhance body-awareness as well as self-awareness. This training includes an opportunity to experience and practice delivering group hypnotherapy. It will also cover the creation of marketing materials, such as weight management hypnotherapy CDs and handouts, to enhance the success of your practice.
Whether you work with individuals or with groups, you will undoubtedly come away with a wealth of information that can be put into immediate use in your practice. This training is bound to expand your knowledge, confidence, understanding and skills.
This training has two components: a home-study module, and two and a half days of classroom experience. You are expected to complete six hours of reading, create a self-hypnosis relaxation script as a handout for your clients (or a hypnosis script that can be used when recording your CD), and a handout to support clients weight management. Examples of a self-hypnosis relaxation script and client handout are available in the class manual.
Upon completion of the seminar you will be able to:
- List common and uncommon causes of weight management issues
- Describe the role stress plays in weight gain to assist your client
- Deliver hypnotherapy to groups
- Use regression to cause for weight management issues
- Use secondary gains for weight management issues
- Use parts therapy for weight management issues
- Use inner child for weight management issues
- Use chair therapy for weight management issues
- Use role model for weight management issues
- Use object imagery for weight management issues
- Use future pacing for weight management issues
- Use aversion therapy for weight management issues
- Develop your own weight management program
- Deliver a variety of hypnotherapy techniques to assist clients and groups with weight management
- Develop your own materials for a weight management program, e.g. CDs, handouts, brochures
- Develop your own intake form specifically for weight management
It is recommended that you register at least two weeks prior to the first day of class. When the class has reached the minimum number of students, you will receive an email with the workbook attachment and pre-class assignments.
The reading and scripts should be completed before class begins. You do not need to create a CD or recording before class begins.
Meals: Please bring a sack dinner on Friday, as the dining commons will be closed at 4pm. Sat/Sun - One hour lunch break – Bring a sack lunch or eat in Bastyr’s dining commons
Location: Bastyr University Kenmore Campus, room 284. Bastyr University is housed in an older facility with fluctuating interior temperatures; it is advisable to wear layers. Also, Bastyr is a “fragrance-free” campus.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs, PDAs, CMEs, CPEUs):