Webinar - “Who Will Catch Me?” MotherWoman Perinatal Support Group Model
Simkin Course Types
Main Events Feed Filter
Participants will learn about the many ways in which perinatal support groups are an effective treatment modality for mothers who are struggling in the perinatal period. They will also learn the basic components of the MotherWoman Group Model© based on the principles of SEE – Safety, Education and Empowerment. Learn how support groups can transform the lives of mothers and provide essential protection from the inevitable challenges of motherhood!
- How perinatal support groups enhance existing community resources for mothers.
- Stigma, lack of trust and isolation and how it can negatively impact a mother’s perinatal emotional experience.
- Explore MotherWoman Group Model to provide mothers and communities with an accessible treatment modality for families struggling in the perinatal period.
- How to create safety and mutual respect for sharing authentic experiences of motherhood, especially those which are difficult or taboo to express.
- Elements of the model which is based on Safety, Education and Empowerment which encourage each woman’s inherent strength and resiliency.
- There will be time for questions.
Annette Cycon, LICSW and Liz Friedman, MFA
Register today assure your spot in this live webinar: