Are you considering medical school in the future? The Bachelor of Science in Health Psychology provides an excellent foundation, so that you can graduate with confidence in pursuing further studies in the biomedical fields, including naturopathic and conventional medicine, nursing, nutrition, acupuncture and East Asian medicine, and physical or occupational therapy.
2 years, full time
$673/credit hour (average)
Dr. Ung's teaching philosophy is to help students actively engage with the course materials, ask questions, think critically about the information presented and the research evidence that…
Dr. Lester has worked as a researcher at Duke University Medical Center and as a professor at the University of North Florida and the University of Washington. Dr. Lester believes a…
To be admitted to the Health Psychology - Premedicine program at Bastyr University, transfer students must meet the following criteria:
- Complete 90 quarter (60 semester) credits from a regionally accredited college or university or its equivalent (only courses with a grade of C or higher are transferable).
- Achieve a cumulative GPA of 2.5 and prerequisite GPA of 2.0.
- Complete the general education and major-based prerequisite courses.
Undergraduate transfer students who complete one of the following transfer degrees will satisfy the general education requirements:
- Associate of Arts (AA)
- Associate of Science (AS)
- Direct Transfer Associate (DTA) [WA state]
- Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) [CA state]
- California State University Breadth [CA state]
- Associate Degree for Transfer [CA state]
Note: Technical degrees, such as Applied Science degrees, will not automatically satisfy the general education requirements. They will be reviewed on a course-by-course basis.
Major-Based Prerequisite Courses
- General Cell Biology w/lab (for science majors) - 1 course
- General Chemistry w/lab (for science majors) - 2 courses
- College Algebra or Statistics - 1 course
- General Psychology - 1 course
General Education Requirements
To see examples of general education courses, please see the General Admissions for Undergraduate students.
- Arts and Humanities - 5 courses
- English Literature and Composition - 2 courses
- Other Courses - 3 courses
- Social and Behavioral Sciences - 5 courses
- Public Speaking - 1 course
- Major-Based Prerequisite Course (see list) - 1 course
- Other Courses* - 3 courses
- Natural Science and Mathematics - 5 courses
- Major-Based Prerequisite Courses (see list) - 4 courses
- Other Course - 1 course
- General Electives - 3 courses or more
TOTAL: 90 quarter/60 semester credits
*Psychology courses cannot be used to complete the Social and Behavioral Sciences general education Requirements.
View list of prerequisite courses available at Bastyr University.
Bastyr accepts graduate and undergraduate transfer credits earned at accredited colleges and universities. Learn what you need to make this process go smoothly.
The Pre-Med track is the best choice if you plan to pursue a graduate education in any area of biomedical studies including naturopathic medicine, conventional medicine, nutrition, acupuncture and East Asian medicine, nursing or physical therapy.
- Mental Health Technician
- Certified Child Life Specialist
- Social Support Group Coordinator
- wellness coach
- yoga therapist
- elder care services
About the Seattle, Washington Campus
The 51-acre Bastyr University campus is uniquely suited for the study of natural health sciences. Nestled among woodlands on the northeast shore of Lake Washington, the 186,000-square-foot campus complex is located 10 miles northeast of Seattle in Kenmore, Washington.