14th Annual Bastyr University Herb and Food Fair
Kenmore, WA 98028-4966
Main Events Feed Filter
Join Bastyr University students, staff and faculty at the 14th Annual Food and Herb Fair, a free community event that is is expected to bring thousands of visitors to the Kenmore campus. This year, the event is putting the focus on global health with the theme "Restoration of Body and Planet."
Keynote speakers are:
- Paul Stamets, a mycologist and an internationally renowned speaker and author of such books as Mycelium Running: How Mushrooms Can Help Save the World; Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms; and The Mushroom Cultivator.
- Jean Layton, ND, aka "Gluten-Free Doctor," has a naturopathic medicine practice Bellingham, Washington, and has co-authored the book Gluten-Free Baking for Dummies.
- Heidi Bohan, an educator specializing in native plants and their uses, with a focus on northwest coast traditional knowledge and ethnobotany; traditional foods, medicinal plants, basketry, carving and weaving.
Festival activities will include:
- Guided walks through the surrounding woods
- Relaxing herbal foot soaks and facials
Event visitors can park for free at the Kenmore Park and Ride (at 7346 N.E. Bothell Way) and take the free Bastyr shuttle directly to the Bastyr Herb and Food Fair. The bus runs every 15 minutes from 9:30 a.m. to 5:45 p.m. Limited parking also will be available on campus for a $5 fee. Bastyr University is located at 14500 Juanita Drive N.E., Kenmore, adjacent to St. Edward State Park. No event parking is permitted at St. Edward State Park.