You are here
Sauna Detoxification Study
In this pilot study on hyperthermia-based detoxification, volunteers will attend medically monitored one- to two-hour sauna sessions daily for three weeks. Vital signs, urine and, occasionally, blood samples will be collected before, during and after the study. The goal is to assess feasibility, safety, effects on quality of life and wellness, and record changes in PCB concentrations.
- Between the ages of 21-35
- Are available for daily visits for a three-week period between now and April 2012
- Not pregnant or trying to become pregnant during or immediately after the study
- Not currently engaged in sauna therapy or other detox protocols
- Not taking any medications or supplements two weeks before or during the research study
- Free of chronic medical conditions
- Non-obese with a BMI between 19 and 29.9
- A non-smoker
Compensation for your effort will be $250 upon completion of the study. Click here to participate or for more information (pdf), or call (425) 602-3415.
Read more about the Sauna Detoxification Study in the article "Building a Campus Sauna to Sweat out Toxins."