Contact Information - BIORC
Fax: (425) 602-3420
Phone: (425) 602-3311
14500 Juanita Drive N.E.
Kenmore, WA 98028
Map and directions to the center (pdf)
Medical Staff - BIORC
- Research Professor, Bastyr University Research Center
- Clinical Professor, University of Washington, School of Public Health
- Affiliate Research Professor, UW School of Medicine, Radiology Department
Chinese Medical Oncology Practitioner
Eleanora Naydis, ND, LAc Dr. Naydis is a board certified naturopathic physician and licensed acupuncturist. Her education and training allow her to integrate traditional and oriental medicine in her practice. Since her graduation from Bastyr University, she has been treating a wide range of chronic medical conditions. She has worked with patients with musculoskeletal, digestive, gynecological, immune, endocrine, and psycho-emotional complaints. She was a contributing editor to Naturopathic Approach to Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology book, and has written educational articles for a local newspaper. Dr. Naydis’s special interest lies in integrative oncology with emphasis on breast and gastrointestinal cancers. She works closely with patients at every stage of diagnosis to help them improve their outcomes, understand drug-herb interactions, reduce side effects of chemotherapy and radiation, augment their recovery post therapy, and prevent relapses. She believes regular communication between all healthcare providers is instrumental for successful treatment and encourages patients to be proactive in their care.
Michael Byrne, ND
Brendan Cochran, ND
Clinical Research Nurse Manager
Barbara Osborne, RN
Jacqui Seet, RN
Confidential Fax Number: 425.602.3420
About our Oncology Research Studies
BIORC Outcomes Study
Sponsored by Bastyr Integrative Oncology Research Center
Founded in 2009, BIORC is evaluating the effectiveness of integrative oncology care in our cancer patients. We anticipate that men, women and children with cancer who are treated at the Bastyr Integrative Oncology Research Center will live longer and healthier lives. We will report on clinical outcomes of our patients in terms of whether cancer comes back after treatment (recurrence rates), survival, other health problems and quality of life.
Breast Cancer Integrative Oncology
Prospective Matched Controlled Outcomes study is funded by NIH/NCCAM and conducted by Bastyr University Research Institute and Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
In 2010 Bastyr, along with the Hutchinson Center, received a $3.1 million grant for the study of complementary and integrative care for breast cancer. The grant, awarded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM), funds a project entitled "Breast Cancer Integrative Oncology: Prospective Matched Controlled Outcomes Study."
The five-year award will allow clinical investigators at the Bastyr University Research Institute and the Hutchinson Center to undertake a rigorous outcomes-based research study. Investigators will track clinical outcomes for participants with breast cancer who, in addition to standard conventional care, receive integrative care at BIORC and other integrative oncology clinical sites in western Washington. Those outcomes will then be compared with outcomes for participants with breast cancer who do not receive integrative care along with conventional care. This study will compare the 'disease free survival' and quality of life of participants treated at an integrative oncology clinic to the experience of similar breast cancer patients living in Washington state who do not include complementary, alternative or integrative therapies in their treatment
For more information visit www.clinicaltrials.gov.
Our research partnership with the Hutchinson Center will tell us how our participants do over the long term and help us to continuously improve our care and therapies.
Confidential Fax Number: 425.602.3420
How To Make an Appointment - BIORC
We are a clinical research center. All patients seen at BIORC are participants in an Integrative Oncology Outcomes Study. For a description of this study, please refer to Consent for Research Participation form in #3 below. You are free to decline participating in the study, at which time we will provide a contact list of other integrative oncologists and your appointment will be cancelled.
Our physicians are not able to provide phone consultations for new patients. New patients must be seen in person at BIORC.
Please review and follow the steps listed below.
1. Print and complete all seven of the participant forms the best that you can. Please mail them prior to your appointment to: BIORC, Bastyr University, 14506 Juanita Drive NE, Kenmore, WA 98028. Take note of any questions you may have and our staff will address them before your appointment.
- Participant Information
- Participant Profile
- Authorization to Bill Third-Party Payer
- Natural Supportive Therapy of Cancer Patients
- Authorization to Release Confidential Health Information
2. Please read our privacy document (notice of privacy practices pdf)
3. Please read these research documents prior to your appointment. When you arrive for your appointment we will explain the study further, answer any questions you might have and ask you to sign the study consent form.
4. For breast cancer patients who are also interested in participating in the Prospective Matched Controlled Outcomes study funded by NIH/NCCAM and conducted by Bastyr University Research Institute and Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, please read the following documents before your first office visit.
- Consent for Research Participation for Breast Cancer Participants
- Research Medical Records Release for Breast Cancer Participants (you recieve this at the time of your visit).
5. We will request your medical records relating to your cancer diagnosis from your providers (i.e. oncologist, radiation oncologist, surgeon, primary care practitioner). Please be ready to share the name and contact information (phone and fax) of your providers.
6. Contact your insurance company to confirm whether your policy covers naturopathic care and/or acupuncture, how many visits you may have and any copay. To help your insurance company identify us, inform them that BIORC bills under Team Care at the Bastyr Center for Natural Heath. We offer a Time of Service adjustment for participants without insurance coverage.
8. To make your first appointment, call (425) 602-3311.
Oncology Care and Research at Bastyr
The Bastyr Integrative Oncology Research Center (BIORC) opened in February 2009 on Bastyr University's campus in Kenmore, Washington. The center offers research participants an integrated approach to managing their cancer, providing comprehensive support for each stage of the participant's experience (from diagnosis to treatment decisions and restoration of immune function and health after completion of standard treatments). Research participants can receive care from licensed naturopathic physicians, nutritionists and acupuncturists, all of whom have advanced oncology training.
Treatment options include mind/body medicine, acupuncture, botanical medicine and nutritional support. Our doctors communicate with each participant's medical and radiation oncologists to ensure truly integrated care. Our goal is to improve not just the quality of life of people living with cancer, but also to reduce the risk of cancer recurrence.
Confidential Fax Number: 425.602.3420