You are here
Wendy Gordon, CPM, LM, MPH
Wendy Gordon is a core faculty member the Midwifery Department at Bastyr University. She also provides prenatal, birth and postpartum care to families through the Center for Birth Midwives in Seattle.
- BS in Chemical Engineering from University of North Dakota in 1991
- Certificate in Midwifery from Seattle Midwifery School in 2005
- MPH from Oregon Health & Science University, Primary Health Care and Health Disparities track, in 2012
Gordon's teaching interests include the provision of excellent midwifery care in home and birth center settings; the role of racism in perinatal health disparities; the development of critical thinking skills; and the ability to translate and evaluate research for both clinical and political purposes.
- Midwifery Care courses: Pregnancy and Prenatal Care, Advanced Pregnancy and Prenatal Care, Labor and Birth, Postpartum and Newborn Care, Challenges in Practice
- Professional Issues courses: Undoing Racism, Cultural Competency
- Epidemiology for Midwives: Fundamentals of Evidence-Based Practice
- Critical Conversations on Power & Privilege in Education (for faculty & staff)