You are here
Weiyi Ding, RN, MD (China), LAc
- Professor at Bastyr University and clinical faculty at Bastyr Center for Natural Health
- Private practice in Northgate area of Seattle, Washington
- Chair or member of several NCCAOM (National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine) examination developing committees since 1999, and is the chair of NCCAOM Council of Examination Committee Chairs since 2008. Dr Ding has also served as a commissioner for NCCAOM since 2005.
- MD from Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai, P.R. China, in 1976
- MS from Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai, P.R. China, in 1986
- RN from Indiana University of Pennsylvania in 1993
Dr. Ding has practiced acupuncture and Chinese herbs combined with Western medicine since 1976. She had taught Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Fundamentals and TCM Diagnosis from 1980 to 1989 at Shanghai University of TCM and was also a general Internist at Attached Hospitals of Shanghai University of TCM. Dr. Ding was amember of NCCAOM (National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine) Job Analysis Advisory Panel from 2001 to 2002 and was the co-chair of NCCAOM JTA (Job Task Analysis) Taskforce from 2008 to 2009. She also was a neurosurgical and organ transplant nurse at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and University of Washington Medical Center from 1993 to 2000.
TCM Fundamentals, TCM Diagnosis I & II, TCM Herb Therapeutic II (Gynecology), and Huang Di Hei Jing
Dr. Ding has a special interest in pain and stress relief, internal disorders, immune support, gynecological disorders, infertility and cancer care.
Dr. Ding provides a Western-style medical assessment in combination with Traditional Chinese Medicine diagnosis. She uses a holistic approach, treating with acupuncture, Chinese herbs and dietary suggestions.