You are here
Barbara Sarter, PhD, RN
Barbara Sarter is a core faculty member in the Department of Naturopathic Medicine at Bastyr University California.
- BA in English from University of Colorado in 1972
- BS in nursing from University of Colorado in 1974
- MA in nursing from New York University in 1981
- PhD in nursing research and theory development in 1984
- Nurse practitioner degree from University of California, Los Angeles in 1990
- Certificate in Homeopathy from the British Institute of Homeopathy in 2010
Dr. Sarter has worked as a family nurse practitioner and homeopathic practitioner for many years. She was previously on the Nursing and Family Medicine faculty at the University of Southern California, and she has extensive experience in clinical and classroom teaching. She has maintained a private practice throughout her teaching and research.
Dr. Sarter's research interests include nutrition and obesity, alternative therapies and homeopathy.