You are here
Amy Frasieur, MS, RD
Bachelor of Science in Nutrition ('02) and Master of Science in Nutrition ('09) from Oregon State University.
- Clinical and outpatient dietitian at a community hospital on the Oregon coast
- Renal dietitian for Fresenius dialysis clinic
- Instructor at Oregon State University for three years in the Nutrition Department
- From 2009-2011 consultant dietitian in the areas of food service and long term care
- Board member with the Oregon Dietetic Association (three years)
Frasieur is a core faculty in the Department of Nutrition and Exercise Science. She is also a nutrition supervisor at Bastyr Center for Natural Health, the co-supervisor of the Weigh to Go program and a member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Medical Nutrition Therapy 1 & 2 (for BSNDPD students)
- Foodservice Management 1, 2 & 3
- Quantity Food Production
- Perspectives in Leadership and Management
- Supervisor, clinical nutrition shifts at Bastyr Center
Interests and Specialties
I have a strong interest in food service, business and management as well as weight management, renal disease and diabetes. I have also worked with cardiac and eating disorder patients.
As a professional, I enjoy working with people to find creative solutions to nutrition problems and facilitating the most applicable ways to make lifestyle changes. As a teacher, my goal is to engage each student in the process of learning. I hope to provide an enthusiastic and dynamic learning environment combining classroom curriculum with real life experiences.