You are here
Amy Frasieur, MS, RD
Frasieur is a core faculty in the Department of Nutrition and Exercise Science. She is also a nutrition supervisor at Bastyr Center for Natural Health, the co-supervisor of the Weigh to Go weight management program and a member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Bachelor of Science in Nutrition from Oregon State University in 2002
- Master of Science in Nutrition from Oregon State University in 2009
- Clinical and outpatient dietitian at a community hospital on the Oregon coast
- Renal dietitian for Fresenius dialysis clinic
- Instructor in the Oregon State University Nutrition Department for three years
- Consultant dietitian in the areas of food service and long term care
- Board member for the Oregon Dietetic Association (three years)
- Medical Nutrition Therapy 1 & 2 (for BSNDPD students)
- Foodservice Management 1, 2 & 3
- Quantity Food Production
- Perspectives in Leadership and Management
Interests and Specialties
Frasieur has strong interests in food service, business and management as well as weight management, renal disease and diabetes. She has also worked with cardiac and eating disorder patients.
As a practitioner, Frasieur enjoys working with people to find creative solutions to nutrition problems and facilitating the most applicable ways to make lifestyle changes. As a teacher, her goal is to engage each student in the process of learning. She hopes to provide an enthusiastic learning environment combining classroom curriculum with real-life experiences.