You are here
Hazel Philp, ND, MS, LAc
Dr. Philp is the dean of the School of Traditional World Medicines at Bastyr University. She also supervises shifts in naturopathic medicine and acupuncture and East Asian medicine at Bastyr Center for Natural Health.
- BA in art history and English literature from the University of Washington
- MS in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine from Bastyr University
- Certificate in Chinese Herbal Medicine from Bastyr University
- Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine from Bastyr University
- Currently completing her PhD in human services with a focus on complementary and alternative medicine
Dr. Philp has been in practice since 1995 and has served in a variety of roles in the natural medicine field. She has been a professor at Bastyr University, Northwest Institute of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine and Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine and Health Sciences. She was a technical advisor and senior editor for Thorne Research and served as a natural medicine consultant to organizations striving to present natural medicine accurately to health professionals and the public. She has written and edited articles for Alternative Medicine Review. She was recently a public health advisor for the State of Washington and chair of the Naturopathic Advisory Committee (NAC) for the Washington Department of Health's Quality Assurance Program.