Department of Nutrition & Exercise Science
Programs of Study
- Bachelor of Science with Major in Nutrition
- Bachelor of Science with a Major in Exercise Science and Wellness
- Bachelor of Science with Major in Nutrition and Culinary Arts
- Bachelor of Science with Major in Nutrition and Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Science with Major in Nutrition/Didactic Program in Dietetics (BSN/DPD)
- Master of Science in Nutrition/Didactic Program in Dietetics (MSN/DPD)
- Master of Science in Nutrition and Clinical Health Psychology (MSNCHP)
- Dietetic Internship (DI)
- Post-Baccalaureate Preparatory Program
Whole-person healing is at the heart of the degree programs offered through the Bastyr University Department of Nutrition & Exercise Science. Our mission is to promote well-being through food and activity, while nourishing and sustaining the individual, the community and the earth.
Our innovative nutrition degree programs encompass a "whole food" approach, allowing you to study food in its entirety, its individual components and how it affects the human body. This comprehensive education merges the science of nutrition with a broader view of wellness, community and the environment.
Similarly, the department’s exercise science & wellness program takes a holistic approach to health and wellness, providing you with the opportunity to explore how physical health is connected to mental, emotional and spiritual wellness.
Through the study of human physiology, biomechanics, biochemistry, whole-foods nutrition and health psychology, you will learn how to promote health at a variety of levels with a degree from the Department of Nutrition and Exercise Science.