Bastyr University is pleased to announce that it has recently added five new members to its Board of Trustees. They are:
- Carrie Louise Daenell, ND — Director, American Association of Naturopathic Physicians; Founder, LiveWell Center; and Co-Founder, Success Bootcamp Rx
- Gregory J. Goode — Executive Director of Government Relations, Indiana State University
- The Honorable Eric Pettigrew — Washington State Senator; Director, Community and Business Relations, Regence Blue Shield
- Ron Sims — Retired Deputy Secretary at U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Ruth Westreich — President, The Westreich Foundation
“To be able to add individuals of this caliber to our board — all at the same time — has strengthened the University’s leadership considerably,” said Bastyr University President Daniel K. Church, PhD. “We feel fortunate that these new board members are accomplished leaders in their fields and are confident they will play important roles in the Bastyr University community now and in the future.”
The new board members’ appointments are effective immediately, allowing them to make an impact at a critical time in the University’s growth: Bastyr University California celebrates its grand opening in San Diego on September 14, 2012, and both campuses expect to announce other exciting news in the coming weeks.
Bastyr University now has 15 members on its Board of Trustees.
About Bastyr University
Bastyr University, located near Seattle, Washington, is internationally recognized as a pioneer in natural medicine. As the largest accredited university for natural health arts and sciences in the U.S., Bastyr offers more than 17 degree and certificate programs in fields such as naturopathic medicine, acupuncture & Oriental medicine, and whole-food nutrition. Founded in 1978, the University now includes a leading-edge research facility (the Bastyr University Research Institute) and outstanding clinical training at Bastyr Center for Natural Health. The University’s second campus, Bastyr University California, opened in San Diego, California, in fall 2012, becoming the state’s first and only accredited school of naturopathic medicine.