Bastyr University's annual "Haunted Trails" is returning for another year of spooky fun! Hosted in the forest behind Bastyr University's Kenmore campus the weekends of October 14-15 and 21-22, the event is one of the biggest scarefests in the area and includes frightfully enjoyable activities for teenagers and adults, as well as trick-or-treating for children ages 7 and younger. And it's all for a good cause, as proceeds benefit student study abroad programs.
Events for ages 8 and older:
- Haunted Trails: Complete with ghosts, ghouls and goblins, the Haunted Trails tour through the forest offers frights and delights around every corner. The trail is set up this year with brand-new twists and turns — and a terror lurking behind every tree. (Runs 7-11 p.m.)
- Hades Labyrinth: With ghouls and monsters haunting all who enter, participants must find their way through a 2,400-square-foot maze of misty tunnels or be lost forever. (Runs 7-11 p.m.)
- Cemetery Hill: Is there anything creepier than a foggy cemetery at night? Yes — a foggy cemetery filled with the living dead. (Runs 8-11 p.m.)
- Circus of Horrors: Evil clowns make for a nightmarish experience under the big top. (Runs 8-11 p.m.)
- Please note that we do not allow children under 8 into these events. We find that it traumatizes the younger ones which is not our intent. We only want to give the adults nightmares!
Cost: $20 per person for all four events. Major credit cards accepted. Sorry, no tickets available for purchase by phone or in advance of the event. Ticket sales for the $20 ticket begin at 8 p.m.
NEW! For those on a budget, this year Haunted Trails and Hades Labyrinth tickets will be offered separately for $10 per person, per event. Individuals who select this option will be able to attend these events between 7–8 p.m. only. Ticket sales for this option begin at 7 p.m.
For children under 8 years old:
The Great Pumpkin’s Trick-or-Treating Adventure: Bring the kids for trick-or-treating at Bastyr University's award-winning Student Village. Take pictures of the little ones as they get candy from some of their favorite characters. Cost is $3 per child. Cash only. (Runs 5–7 p.m.)
Food, gags and more:
The Alice in Glowland Shoppe: Buy glow sticks, glow wands, glow masks, glow Frisbees, monster balloons and more at this spook-and-scare store. ($1 off any glow item with the donation of a non-perishable food item.)
Created in 1998, Bastyr University's Haunted Trails has grown in size and popularity each year. It now attracts thousands of guests from throughout the greater Seattle area. All proceeds support the University's study abroad programs, including the School of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine's annual study trip to China. The fundraiser is run entirely by dedicated volunteer teams of Bastyr University students, faculty and staff. Free event parking is available on the Bastyr University campus, 14500 Juanita Drive N.E., Kenmore, WA 98028.
For more information: Contact the Bastyr University Haunted Trails Hotline at (425) 602-3031.
Please Note: A limited number of tickets are sold each night. The second weekend, Oct. 21-22, of Haunted Trails is very busy and tickets can sell out as early as 8:45 p.m. Visitors are advised to come the first weekend, Oct. 14-15, when lines are shorter.
About Bastyr University
Bastyr University, located near Seattle, Washington, is internationally recognized as a pioneer in natural medicine. As the largest accredited university for natural health arts and sciences in the U.S., Bastyr offers more than 17 degree and certificate programs in fields such as naturopathic medicine, acupuncture & Oriental medicine, and whole-food nutrition. Founded in 1978, the University now includes a leading-edge research facility (the Bastyr University Research Institute) and outstanding clinical training at Bastyr Center for Natural Health. The University’s second campus, Bastyr University California, opened in San Diego, California, in fall 2012, becoming the state’s first and only accredited school of naturopathic medicine.