We are looking for an energetic, dynamic Integrative, Functional medicine physician for a very well respected and growing Boutique Concierge Preventive Medicine Practice in Santa Monica, CA. The ideal candidate must have great organizational and people skills and enjoy overseeing and performing multifaceted duties in managing high end clientele and creating, implementing and supporting medical programs. Superior interpersonal abilities, a strong patient/service focus, exceptional clinical ability and a participative working/clinical style are also a must.
Representative Summary of Job Duties
In this exciting Physician Position the successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Clinical consultation with clients regarding medical issues such as: client histories, physical exams, clinical orders, diagnosing issues, developing, explaining and implementing treatment plans, etc.
• Plan, organize and hands-on management of the day-to-day medical care and programs of clients including monitoring/managing daily needs of clients, responding to issues and problems, following up on results, medical research and referral networking, Interfacing/managing care inside/outside of our office for clients, coordinating care for all clients within the scope of their programs, interfacing with clients, physicians and medical team regularly, full clinical documentation and management of charts in EMR, ensuring a superior experience for all clients including gracefully and strategically handling sensitive, delicate or negative information in a satisfactory manner
• Client support/management: including client orientation, education, question and other clinical/service interactions ensuring things get done in a timely manner
• Discuss clinical programs, recommendations and follow up with clients and representatives of clients. Coordinate care, organize programs and provide assistance, support and immediate responsiveness for client and other physician needs
• Coordinate and monitor patient flow, schedule and take action to ensure timely, quality and compassionate care including client orientations, education and information.
• Prepare a variety of reports including client updates on treatment, program status, medical reports of results/recommendations, progress notes, etc
• Identify opportunities for improving client satisfaction and experience as well as efficiency, workflow and documentation, increased growth andprofitability and assist with developing new services and strategic alliances to better serve patients.
• Ensure compliance with practice policiesand procedures including patient confidentiality and HIPPA.
• Before and after hours contact with clients is required when needed as well as weekend phone contact. We do not have weekend office hours but we do respond to calls and issues by phone at almost any time.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate must possess:
• California medical license
• Minimum of 5 years of progressive medical office experience in integrative, functional or alternative medicine.
• Hands on working/management style: ability to do whatever necessary to accomplish the task in an appropriate timeline with the desired outcome
• Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Must possess likability, charm or other personality qualities that would attract people to you
• Ability to multi-task, manage time effectively and begin/complete visits on time and all progress notes and clinical documentation by the end of each day. No documentation is left undone.
• Ability to generate patient referrals based on the relationship and trust you develop with patients
• Proven clinical efficacy with treatment plans and desired outcomes. You have to be able to get people better through your clinical recommendations and care.
• Solid track record of building relationships and being a team player
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills including tact and diplomacy
• Passion for patient care, customer service, and fostering a positive work environment
• Must have at least 3 years full EMR experience: charting, scheduling, billing.
• Must also be proficient in Microsoft Office Programs
• A strong goal orientation and “Can do” approach, thriving on new ideas and techniques
I am looking for a long term member of our team who is as passionate about carrying out and implementing our practice model and vision as we are.
To be considered please submit ALL of the items below to info[at]lifespanmedicine[dot]com :
1. a cover letter
2. your resume
3. salary requirements
No telephone calls or recruiters please.