LMS Recruiting is the exclusive recruiter for an exciting new opportunity with one of our best clients. Our client, a leader in medical diagnostics, has been growing steadily through business development and acquisitions. Currently we are sourcing applicants for the role of Medical Education Specialist. This is a new job opening resulting from our client's sustained growth. The opportunity is located in North Carolina and relocation assistance is available if required. Our client has established a competitive compensation package for this role with excellent benefits. If this opportunity is a good fit for your next career step please contact:
Patrick J. Troy
Position Summary: A Medical Education Specialist in the Department of Medical Education is responsible for:
• Serving as an educational resource for physician clients;
• Offering educational support to laboratory staff, Client Services, and the Sales & Marketing Departments;
• Assisting in the planning, development, and delivery of content for post-graduate level training programs for health care providers across an array of educational delivery modalities;
• Working closely with Priority Account Representatives, Regional Sales Managers and Territory Sales Managers to facilitate and promote education for new clients to deepen understanding and utilization of laboratory testing in clinical practice.
A. Responsible To: Director of Medical Education
B. Responsible For: This person's responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Offers educational services to clients;
• Works closely with Sales regarding new client educational processes, in support of the VP of Sales & Marketing;
• Assists with development and standardization of educational materials for Sales & Marketing staff;
• Offers educational services to Customer Touch group consisting of members of Client Services, Sales & Marketing departments;
• Represents the company in outreach educational activities such as in-services, presentations at professional meetings, and training on laboratory assessment and interpretation;
• Gathers information for inclusion in the consensus-validated medical education library, with the approval of the Director of Medical Education.
C. Interrelationships: Works closely with the Chief Medical Officer, Director of Medical Education, Medical Education Group members, laboratory scientists, and Sales & Marketing staff.
• Education: Advanced degree in a clinical health science (PA, FNP, CCN, ND, DC, RN, PhD) or equivalent; and at least 3 years related experience and/or training. Nutrition background required.
• Experience: Direct experience in patient care and teaching. Curriculum development preferred. Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to make effective presentations on complex topics to staff and clients.
• Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply statistical analysis to such tasks as sensitivity, specificity, frequency distribution, determination of test validity, and analysis of variance.
• Computer/Organizational Skills: Ability to organize information in cogent and easily accessible way via computer and other office systems imperative. Knowledge and experience with software programs such as Microsoft Office – including Word and Power Point – a must.
• Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply principles of logic and scientific thinking to a wide range of practical problems. Ability to work with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, equations, graphs, etc,).
• Certificate, Licenses, Registrations: Licensed health care practitioner.
LMS Recruiting is a boutique executive recruiting firm operating in Northern Virginia. We are a woman owned small business, a member of the National Association of Woman Business Owners (NAWBO), and a member of NPA, The Worldwide Recruiting Network. With a combined industry experience of over 40 years, a comprehensive network of highly successful candidates, and an excellent record of accomplishments, LMS Recruiting is your partner for success.
Thank you for taking the time to review this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please direct all correspondence to: