The Costa Rica School of Massage Therapy (CRSMT) is seeking an instructor for a short-term contract for the subject of Pathology, for the period of August 5 through August 26, 2013.
Interviews will be scheduled with qualified candidates who meet the following requirements:
· Expert knowledge of coursework.
· At least 2 years’ successful teaching experience.
· Qualification as a massage therapist OR relevant health care field.
· Ability to take topic and deliver core competencies in a comprehensive and creative way.
· Able to follow the curriculum at the prescribed pace in order to present all the information necessary to the students in a logical, practical, and concise manner, without going out of scope.
· Unwavering commitment to professionalism.
· Computer access and literacy.
· Current CPR accreditation.
· Possess a valid passport and acquire international health insurance for duration of contract.
· Healthy, non-smoker, and practice a holistic lifestyle.
· Must maintain ethical boundaries and follow CRSMT Instructor Guidelines and Policies.
· Must possess exceptional communication skills, a professional demeanor, and an ability to bring a sense of excitement to the classroom.
· Proven and strong leadership abilities. The instructor must be able to hold the space in the classroom.
· Experience with international travel with the ability to be comfortable and appropriate within different cultures.
· Ability to prepare in advance and participate in web-based faculty training prior to participation.
· Ability to work well under pressure and will go the extra mile.
· Availability to repeat for more than one term per year may be required.
· Spanish language skills are helpful, but not needed.
· Desire to share the wealth of your experience with students.
· Appreciation for the erratic nature of teaching in an outdoor tropical environment and of the technological challenges of working in a second world country.
Basic Compensation for Instructor Independent Contractors includes:
Round trip air transportation to and from your nearest major airport and Costa Rica.
Round trip ground transportation in Costa Rica to and from the school and the C.R. airport.
Comfortable and private accommodations on campus which includes wireless internet, air-conditioning, fully-furnished kitchen, 24-hour security, weekly house-keeping service, use of pool, etc. Instructors may share their accommodations with an adult companion, with prior approval.
Interested applicants send resume and cover letter to employment[at]crsmt[dot]com