Master of Science in Nutrition and Functional Medicine:
Opportunities for Professors
University of Western States is seeking content experts and instructors for a new online master's program in nutrition and functional medicine. Course development and instruction are needed for the following courses:
1. Sports Nutrition and Fitness. $1,800.00/Development $2,400.00/Teaching
2. Structural Integrity. $1,200.00/Development $1,600.00/Teaching
3. Pharmacology and Drug-Nutrient Interactions. $1,200.00/Development $1,600.00/Teaching
4. Mind-Body Medicine and the Psychology of Well-Being. $1,200.00/Development $1,600.00/Teaching
Instructors are responsible for ensuring students meet all learning objectives and successfully complete their course as outlined in the course description, lesson topics and syllabus. Instructors are also responsible for ensuring students achieve and demonstrate mastery of learning objectives and receive appropriate feedback and assessments of their progress throughout the course.
• Link to UWS Employment page: http://www.uws.edu/About_UWS/Employment_Opportunities/Job.aspx?Title=Ins...
• Program and course description: http://uws.edu/Academic_Programs/MS_Nutrition_and_Functional_Medicine.aspx
• Direct link to PDF document of course descriptions (subject to modification by professors: http://uws.edu/Academic_Programs/MS_Nutrition_and_Functional_Medicine/Co...
* Master's degree or higher.
* Working knowledge (expertise preferred) of the concepts of functional medicine.
* Experience with online teaching preferred.
* Sloan-C or Quality Matters training/certification preferred.
* Online teaching experience preferred.
* Teach one or more subjects within prescribed curriculum.
* Work with instructional designer to create a course that is consistent with online learning best practices.
* Manage the course using the University's learning management system (Moodle).
* Work closely with the Program Director to ensure that all course materials are appropriate with regard to quality and vigor and are in line with course and program competencies.
* Review/edit/update course curriculum regularly to ensure it is up to date and accurate.
* Create all course materials and resources including assignments, activities, presentations, assessments, and other elements of a lesson plan.
* Compile bibliographies of specialized materials for outside reading assignments.
* Stimulate class discussions.
* Remain current with new trends and developments in his/her field of expertise.
* Perform any related tasks to improve the nature, experience, and delivery of online courses where appropriate.
* Maintain class netlinks to ensure availability, accuracy and relevance.
* Respond to student emails, questions, and comments within 1 business day.
* Grade and provide quality feedback to students' assignment submissions within 2 business days.
* Provide detailed progress reports and assessments of student activities within 2 business days of the activity when appropriate.
* Communicate with program director concerning any problems or potential problems with students.
* Own or have access to a personal computer with reliable broadband internet connectivity .
* Other duties as assigned.
* Experience teaching at the master's level is required.
* A significantly high comfort level in the online environment is required.
* Educational background, professional credentials and clinical experience may be required for courses related to patient care.
* Familiarity with distance learning theory and best practices is recommended but can also be provided through training.
* Must be computer literate and familiar with word processing, email, search engines, web browsing, etc.
The University of Western States conducts background checks for the finalist or finalists of staff and faculty positions. The type of background check will vary by position type.Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. For full consideration, please submit the UWS application, cover letter, curriculum vitae and names and contact information of three referees. EOE.
• Link for UWS employment application: http://uws.edu/About_UWS/Employment_Opportunities.aspx
• Additional details: http://www.uws.edu/About_UWS/Employment_Opportunities/Job.aspx?Title=Ins...
You may send your materials as an email attachment (Word or PDF) with job title in the subject line, FAX or mail to:
University of Western States
2900 N.E. 132nd Avenue
Portland, OR 97230