Beastro Prep Chef
Who We Are: Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Serve People, Lead Thought, Play as a Team, Compete Every Day, Demonstrate Integrity, Have Fun and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
Your Job: Are you passionate about running and an active lifestyle? Do you have a strong desire to help fuel your fellow runners? At Brooks Running Company, the Beastro is the heart of the company and provides employees the opportunity to enjoy a delicious meal, socialize with fellow team members, hold a meeting, or get away from their desk to work in a fresh, new setting. A warm, comfortable, inviting environment is essential. The Beastro Prep Chef is an intergral part of spreading the Run Happy spirit in this culture-building destination. Brooks is known for its customer service and the Beastro is where we provide service to our passionate, unique, fun-loving employees. The Beastro Prep Chef teams up with our full time Beastro Chef to assist with preparing delicious, healthy and nutritious meals on time and on budget.
- 1. Lunch Service:
- Assist Beastro Chef in the preparation of attractive, low-cost, healthy lunches on a daily basis in a friendly and Run Happy manner
- Prepare and oversee the daily salad and sandwich bar, and other menu items as assigned
- Collaborate on new menu ideas, opportunities and enhancements to the Beastro experience
- 2. Lunchroom Maintenance:
- Inventory and organize Beastro supplies
- Restock beverage cooler, coffee, tea, snacks and breakfast items daily
- Responsible for general upkeep of Beastro and kitchen area, and for keeping the food prep area clean and sanitary according to professional/commercial kitchen standards
- Clean employee and company refrigerators out on a regular basis
- 3. Additional Responsibilities:
- Cross train and serve as a back-up for Beastro Chef
- Other duties as assigned by the Sr. Manager HQ Operations
- High school diploma required.
- 2+ years of professional food preparation experience. May substitute formal culinary education
- Current Food Worker Card/Food Handler Permit
- Proven ability to work as part of a team in a positive, productive manner
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of the organization
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Flexibility to adapt to changing needs
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks
Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks
Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook
- Passionate participation in Brooks’ sports activities a plus, overridden by the ability to understand and empathize with the runner in order to develop loyal, engaging relationships with our customers and the Brooks community.
- Embraces and lives the Brooks values!
Apply online at: www.brooksrunning.com/careers
Reports to: Sr. Manager, HQ Operations
Department: Human Resources, #21
Position Class: Non-exempt, Hourly
Position Type: Part-Time, 15 – 20 hours per week
Position Location: Headquarters – Seattle, WA