Please contact sophihiring[at]gmail[dot]com if you are interested. Thank you!
POSITION DESCRIPTION: MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST
Division/Department: Front Desk
Reporting Relationship: Office Manager
Job Classification: Medical Receptionist
Compensation Structure: Hourly
Fast paced high-profile alternative medical practice seeking quick, friendly, and reliable medical receptionist.
Professional Objective: To perform all aspects of the position with precision and excellence; from call Management, Check-in and Check-out and beyond…. The objective is to deliver a lasting patient impression leading to a great patient experience.
Position Activities and Responsibilities:
• Displays masterful knowledge of clinic systems and services
• Able to maneuver through the software program quickly and effectively
• Accurately enters point of sale data
• Efficient at making appointments, check-in and check-out
• Optimizes patient satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone accurately
• Ensure positive patient scheduling experience: notifies provider of patient’s arrival and is proactive communicating any delays in schedule
• Files and retrieves patient records to ensure availability for service
• Files patient charts and pulls charts daily for scheduled appointments
• Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
• Updates financial information; recording and collecting patient charges.
• Familiar and knowledgeable with clinic services and products
• Assists with inventory management and other organizational tasks
• Maintains a beautiful physical environment within the reception area
• Great at phone management
• Greets and checks patients in and out
• Facilitates effective workflow for technical team
• Maintains a polished and professional image
• Assists other support team members when asked
• Attends all in-house training
• Attends and participates in all general and team meetings
• Professional patient communication-protects patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information.
• Performs opening and closing duties
• Helps keep office clean with small house keeping duties and trash disposal.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Monitors performance and achieve targets
• Treat all team members professionally
• Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reports needed changes.
• Experience in front line guest service (medical, hospitality, and retail highly desired)
• High school diploma or college
• Computer skills and aptitude for mastering software
• Microsoft Office Proficient
• Attention to detail, quality focus
• Flexible schedule
• Professional image with gracious, warm, and genuine personality
• Good organizational skills and follow through
• Able to multi-task and improvise on the spur of the moment
• Strong guest service orientation
• Cheerful, upbeat personality
• Enjoys team environment and interaction with co-workers
• Excellent communication skills
• Flexible and cooperative
• High personal standards, good self esteem
• High energy, able to work in fast paced environment
• Good sense of time management
• Good sense of humor
• Self-motivated, driven
• Caring-comfortable working with chronically ill patient population
• Seeks out knowledge and enjoys learning/strives for professional growth
Physical environment/working conditions: Clinic
Equipment/machinery used: phone, fax machine, computer, copy machine, inventory tracking equipment, credit card machines, scanner
4. Performance Measures & Expectations
• Patient check-in/check-out process
• Call management
• Professional team communication
• Strong contribution to the team
• Work ethics
Please Provide References