The Institute for Functional Medicine is searching for a candidate to fulfill the position of Medical Education Program Coordinator. The Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM) is an established medical education non-profit organization located in Federal Way, Washington whose mission is to make Functional Medicine the standard of health care. IFM is considered to be the premier Functional Medicine resource for medical professionals worldwide.
Please respond to this posting by email only to wendygaylord[at]fxmed.com[dot] Please attach a letter of interest and a resume with your response. Only email responses with the required attachments will be considered. No phone calls will be accepted in regards to this position.
Information about IFM can be viewed on our website at : http://www.functionalmedicine.org
A complete job description for this position is below:
Office Location: Federal Way, Washington
Position Title: Medical Education Program Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Medical Education
Department: Medical Education
Status: Full-time (40 hours), Non-Exempt
The primary responsibilities of this position are to help develop, review, edit, and manage educational materials in support of the Institute’s strategic mission and goals. Included within those responsibilities are to assist in the development of educational program content across all learning platforms, and provide direct support to the IFM Educational Program Team (Director of Medical Education and Associate Directors of Medical Education).
The Medical Education Program Coordinator is responsible supporting content development of education programs as follows:
• Review and copy edit program educational content for completeness, grammar, quality, validity and graphic display as directed in order to meet IFM standards for presentation and CME standards for scientific validity.
• Assist in planning, development, and delivery of content for post-graduate level training programs for health care providers across educational delivery platforms
• Review educational content for proper evidence and disclosure to ensure CME approval
• Assist in the research, writing and development of educational materials
• Review other documents, etc., when requested by Marketing or other IFM
• Moderate the IFM member forum
• Other general support for educational programs as needed.
Inter-Relationships: Medical Education Directors and Staff, eLearning Coordinator, Marketing, Operations, COO and CEO.
• Attend staff meetings
• Occasional travel to staff onsite programs
• Occasional conference training and/or participation in online trainings
• Other duties as assigned
Education: Advanced degree in a clinical health science (PA, FNP, CCN, ND, DC, RN, PhD) or equivalent; and at least 1 year related experience and/or training.
Nutrition education required.
Knowledge of Continuing Medical Education (CME) preferred.
Knowledge of functional and/or integrative medicine preferred.
Experience: Direct experience in clinical practice and/or teaching. Curriculum development preferred.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, proof-read, edit, and interpret complex documents, in English. Must have knowledge of scientific and medical vocabulary.
Computer Skills: Ability to organize information in cogent and easily accessible way via computer and other office systems imperative. Mastery knowledge and skills with software programs such as Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word and Power Point – required. Facility with MACs = a bonus.
Certificate, Licenses, Registrations: Licensed health care practitioner or nutrition professional.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it.