The Wellness Instructor is a seasonal employee who is responsible for providing massage and stretching/yoga to clients on vessels carrying between 32-86 guests. The Wellness Instructor is responsible for the cleanliness and maintenance of the workout space, massage cabin, and exercise equipment. The Wellness Instructor also assists with needs of the Hotel Department, such as meal service and cleaning, or assists the Expedition Department with kayaking and hiking operations as directed by his/her supervisor.
• Functions as the massage practitioner, giving up to 5 one-hour massages per day
• Conducts an hour long yoga or stretch class every morning before breakfast and a stretching class every afternoon
• Maintains the cleanliness, order, and function of all Wellness tools, including exercise equipment, massage and spa supplies
• Assists in general shipboard tasks during the operating season including loading stores, laundry, garbage, and luggage.
• Maintains a professional demeanor and appearance amongst crew and guests at all times, while living in a close community setting.
• Minimum 800 hours of formal massage training with an accredited institution
• Experience working as a massage therapist in a professional setting
• Level 1 yoga teaching certificate preferred
• First Aid/ CPR certifications required
• Must possess the ability to complete tasks and projects as assigned independently. Be self‐motivated and an eager learner.
Qualified applicants should apply online at: www.un-cruise.com/opportunities