Irwin Naturals an established and growing health food company seeks Director of Product Development and Formulation to develop innovative nutritional products including supplements, bars, foods, beverages etc. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: researching new product concepts, developing product formulations with supporting substantiation, leading product development through to final end product. Must have extensive on the job/first hand experience in product development and formulation from product concept through to final product. Knowledge of DSHEA and FDA/FTC regulations governing nutritional products is a requirement. Must have extensive and up to date knowledge of ingredients, herbs etc Built in, existing vendor relationships and knowledge of a wide variety of manufacturing types a plus.
• Research new product concepts
• Develop product formulation concepts in conjunction with the Marketing team
• Lead Product development from concept, through formulation to final product.
• Oversee all research substantiation to support formulation, structure/function statements, packaging and collateral copy
• Act as primary liaison between all product development functions to include Executive Team, Marketing, Legal, Operations, Technical Affairs etc.
• Establish relationships with ingredient vendors to ensure up to date knowledge of new ingredients.
• Build and establish relationships with a variety of types of manufacturers
• Any other projects and tasks as assigned.
• Experience in the nutritional industry is required.
• Extensive knowledge of nutritional biochemistry and botanical/nutritional ingredients
• Product Formulation Experience
• Understanding of DSHEA and FDA/FTC regulations governing the marketing of nutritional products
• Excellent research skills — ability to find, analyze, interpret and critique data quickly and accurately
• Highly organized
• Detail oriented
• Innovative thinker
• Solid oral and written communication skills
• Strong self-initiative. A Leader
• Problem solving skills based on solid logic
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize
• MD, ND, PhD or MS in Nutritional Science or related discipline
This position is based in our office in Los Angeles (Marina Del Rey), California.
Interested applicants should send resume to recruiting[at]irwinnaturals[dot]com