Elizabeth Ann Smock
Tai Sophia Institute
7750 Montpelier Road
Laurel, MD 20723
(410) 888-9048 x 6662
(410) 888-9239 fax
Director, Master of Science in Health Education and Integrative Health Program
For best consideration apply by 09/30/12.
Position Available: October 2012
From a small healing arts clinic founded in 1975, Tai Sophia Institute (www.tai.edu) has grown to become a preeminent academic institution for wellness-based education, clinical care, research, and public policy discourse. Our integration of Eastern and Western thinking has empowered and transformed individuals, organizations, and communities.
Tai Sophia Institute is conducting a search for a unique individual to serve as the Director of the Master’s in Health Education and Integrative Health Program. The program was developed to meet the competencies and sub-competencies that constitute the seven areas of responsibility for health education specialists as described by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing (NCHEC). This program incorporates a significant integrative health perspective that reflects the wellness philosophy of Tai Sophia Institute. Since the Institute is in an expansion phase, other related programs may be added to the responsibilities of the position.
The Director will serve as both an administrative and academic leader for the newly developed graduate degree and future related degrees, as appropriate and according to experience. The position reports to the Academic Director for Integrative Health Sciences.
Responsibilities/duties include, but are not limited to:
• Faculty recruitment, selection, evaluation and development;
• Curriculum/course evaluation;
• Curriculum development of current and future programs;
• Budget management;
• Student recruiting and advising;
• Alumni relationship building; and
• Academic administration
• A minimum of 2 years academic administrative experience in a college/university and/or faculty experience in higher education
• Master’s degree or higher in health education or a relevant field (e.g. MPH, MSPH or MPP)
• CHES or MCHES Certification
• Experience with personnel management and evaluation, budget management, curriculum development, and evaluation
• Ability and willingness to work one or two weekends per month (program is delivered on weekends)
• Doctoral degree in health education, public health, or closely related area
• Experience designing, developing, and/or teaching online courses
• Marketing experience and an entrepreneurial orientation
• Knowledge of complementary and integrative health philosophy and practices Experience as a health education practitioner in government (federal, state, or local), for-profit organizations, or non-profit organizations
• Experience with CEPH accreditation
• Background in health policy
Interested candidates should forward their resume, a letter of interest, and the names of four professional references via email to Search Committee Chair, Health Education and Integrative Health Program at jobs[at]tai.edu[dot]
This job is located in Laurel, Maryland on the Tai Sophia campus. The hours worked may vary and the salary is negotiable.
Applicants are considered on the basis of individual merit without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, age, religion, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Institute is committed to being, communicating, and educating in ways that recognize and honor the full range of human diversity. EOE.