From a small healing arts clinic founded in 1975, Tai Sophia Institute has grown to become a preeminent academic institution for wellness-based education, clinical care, research, and public policy discourse. Our integration of eastern and western thinking has empowered and transformed individuals, organizations and communities.
Tai Sophia Institute is seeking a part-time adjunct faculty member for its Integrative Health Sciences (ISci) department. The goal of the ISci department is to prepare students to understand, evaluate and communicate the scientific basis of the health care practices in their chosen field.
The Department designs and delivers science courses in alignment with Tai Sophia’s philosophy of 'whole' person care and when applicable emphasizes the interrelationship between psychological, social, spiritual and biological processes.
Responsibilities/duties include, but are not limited to:
• Teaching 6-9-credits a year in core ISci subjects (e.g. foundational chemistry, biochemistry, physiology, pathophysiology, epidemiology, statistics, research skills) and related coursework
• Participating in related research if requested
Opportunities exist for advancement and promotion
• Masters of Science degree or higher in an appropriate scientific field; a Ph.D. in appropriate scientific field is preferred
• A minimum of 2 years of experience teaching in a postsecondary academic institution
• Demonstrated high level of competence in more than one subject area related to the health sciences
• Desire to engage in activities that are needed for an expanding curriculum
• Superior interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)
• Knowledge of integrative health perspectives is preferred, but not required
Interested individuals should forward a) a letter of interest, b) CV/resume, c) a minimum of 3 references, and d) any student evaluations from courses taught in the last 5 years to our Office of Human Enrichment at jobs[at]tai[dot]edu, referencing “ISci Adjunct Faculty Position” in the Subject Line of the email. We are located at 7750 Montpelier Road, Laurel, MD 20723. Contact: Elizabeth Ann Smock - 410.888.9048 Extension 6662. Email: jobs[at]tai[dot]edu.
Applicants are considered on the basis of individual merit without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, age, religion, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Institute is committed to being, communicating, and educating in ways that recognize and honor the full range of human diversity. EOE.