Homeopathy: Fundamental Principles (HOMEOP - 13FUND01)
Kenmore, WA 98028-4966
|General public||$ 95.00|
|Bastyr/NIAOM alumni||$ 85.00|
|BU staff||$ 75.00|
|Full time student||$ 50.00|
This seminar will cover basic principles of homeopathic philosophy and practice, including a simplified pattern for when and how often to repeat the remedy. Open to those new to homeopathy who want to learn about this modality, and to those health care professionals who wish to go on to complete the Homeopathy Acute Care Program. Includes six classroom hours plus approximately two hours to complete the take-home quizzes. Must pass each quiz with 80% or higher.
Upon completion of the seminar, you will be able to:
- List key events in homeopathic history
- Define basic homeopathic terminology
- Describe how a homeopathic remedy is made
- Describe how to care for and handle remedies
- Use an efficient method for studying homeopathic materia medica, and be familiar with the keynote and "essence" patterns of six remedies
- Begin applying the homeopathic principle of "treating likes with likes" using these six remedies in practice cases
- Distinguish an acute from a chronic disease
- Select the appropriate dosing frequency in a variety of scenarios
Books & Materials: can be purchased from the Bastyr Bookstore –
- The Complete Homeopathy Handbook, by Miranda Castro, RsHom, CCH ($21)
- The Complete Homeopathic Resource for Common Illness, by Dennis Chernin, MD, MPH ($32)
- Help! and Homeopathy: What to do in an Emergency Before 911 Arrives, by Eileen Naumann, DHM, EMT ($20)
- Access to a homeopathic “repertory”, either:
Repertory, by James Tyler Kent (also available as a free online download)
or Clinical Repertory, by Robin Murphy, ND (also available as a free download)
Course Note: You will need access to a computer with Internet. Approximately two weeks before course start the instructor will email you instructions on how to join Yahoo Groups where you will access course materials.
Meals: One hour lunch break – Bring a sack lunch or eat in Bastyr’s dining commons.
Location: Bastyr University Kenmore Campus, room 284. Bastyr University is housed in an older facility with fluctuating interior temperatures; it is advisable to wear layers. Also, Bastyr is a “fragrance-free” campus.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs, PDAs, CMEs, CPEUs):
CEUs available for NDs (except CA)
CEUs available for NDs in OR
CEUs available for LMPs licensed in WA
CEUs available for ARNPs and RNs licensed in WA
CEUs available for DCs licensed in WA
Category II CMEs available for MDs and PAs licensed in WA
Lucy Vaughters, PA-C, MA-T, CCH, is a professional educator, certified homeopath and licensed Physician's Assistant. She founded two schools of homeopathy - The Finger Lakes School of Homeopathy (which ran for four years in Ithaca NY), and The Seattle School of Homeopathy, Washington State’s only licensed career school focused exclusively on homeopathy (which she has directed since 2007). Lucy also served as adjunct faculty and clinical preceptor in homeopathy at Bastyr University for five years. She served on the board of the Council for Homeopathic Certification from 1997-2000, where she contributed to the medical science portion of the CHC exam. She has been in private practice of homeopathic and integrative medicine in Edmonds and Ithaca NY since 1990.