Right Brain Aerobics - Enhancing Innovation & Creativity in Health Care (PSYCH - 12RIGH02)
Kenmore, WA 98028-4966
|Bastyr/NIAOM Alumni||$ 135.00|
|BU Staff||$ 125.00|
|Full time student||$ 50.00|
|General public||$ 155.00|
The seven key components of Right Brain Aerobics are:
1. "Right Brain Start Up" and mental focus skills
2. Mental focus & visualization
3. Affirmation & self-image: Breakthrough thinking
4. Intuition & extrasensory awareness
5. Creativity & innovation
6. Right brain / Whole brain strategies for use in practice and community. The "Idea Factory."
7. Using right brain thinking within organizations and institutions. 8. Developing daily practices
These components, along with associated exercises and practices designed to use the brain differently, are applicable for a more holistic and integrated clinical decision making.
We will discuss right brain related peer reviewed research, teach Right Brain Start Up (which includes practice using the exercise as a relaxation/meditative mind focus exercise), Creative Speed Writing/Drawing, Six Impossible Things for stretching mental boundaries and goals in a positive way, Inner Healer/Genius Q&A for tapping inner problem-solving ability in alpha or relaxed-focused mental states for greater insight – and applications for teaching this to others. Also included will be Past & Future Roles Exercise utilizing past experiences of positive successful roles or good health and using examples of past experiences to visualize and create (delete visualizing ideal) future experiences of successful roles and good health, for themselves or patients. Additionally, Ten Tips for Quick Right Brain Activation will be used which includes a regimen for sleep, healthier eating, activating artistic centers of the brain, and more.
This practical step-by-step program will help to activate underutilized intuitive/creative parts of your right brain, incorporate right brain thinking, and implement the new strategies.
Although this seminar is designed for health care practitioners, the general public is welcome to attend.
Upon completion of the seminar you will be able to:
- Demonstrate the Right Brain Start Up technique
- Demonstrate three techniques for stress and anxiety reduction
- Describe the relevant research that is published and available that you can easily access and share with your patients
- Discuss the design of creative wellness programs that will encourage increased patient active participation and compliance based on the skills demonstrated
- Create a homework assignment that engages a patient/client in creating their own healthy self-help program
- Practice three techniques for increasing your ability to creatively communicate with patients and other allied health providers and community groups for patient and public health education programs
Dr. Craig Weiner, DC, has been immersed in the healing arts for over 25 years. His journey has taken him through a professional labyrinth of health care professional paradigms and has been a practicing chiropractic physician and bodyworker for the past 25 years. His passion as an educator, teacher and workshop leader has woven him into the worlds of private practice, provided for corporate wellness training, and been a producer of mind-body events and conferences throughout California and Washington State.
His explorations and studies in the fields of brain neuroplasticity and life-changing mind focusing practices have made him a sought after speaker and educator. He is the creator of the Change Your Mind! Transformational Dialogues (http://www.eftradioonline.com/transformational-dialogues/), a five-year ongoing series of presentations with healing arts and mind-body innovators. He has worked closely with the developer of Right Brain Aerobics (http://www.rightbrainaerobics.com), Sandra H. Rodman, to further develop advanced RBA Coaching and Train the Trainer certifications. To learn more about this instructor go to: www.chirozone.net
Continuing Education Units (CEUs, PDAs, CMEs, CPEUs):
CEUs available for NDs (except CA & OR)
CEUs available for marriage & family therapists, mental health counselors, and social workers licensed in WA
CEUs available for ARNPs and RNs licensed in WA
CEUs available for DCs licensed in WA
Category II CMEs available for MDs and PAs licensed in WA
NCCAOM PDA points approved for LAc’s
CEUs approved for LAc's licensed in CA
Location: Bastyr University Kenmore Campus, room 1011. Bastyr University is housed in an older facility with fluctuating interior temperatures; it is advisable to wear layers. Also, Bastyr is a “fragrance-free” campus.
One hour lunch break – Bring a sack lunch or eat in Bastyr’s dining commons