Basic Cadaver Anatomy (PHYSMED - 13BASI05)
ROOMS 57 (INITIAL CHECK-IN) & 50 (LAB)
Kenmore, WA 98028-4966
|BU staff||$ 235.00|
Prerequisites: Human anatomy course (does not need to be recent).
Dr. Love is an experienced instructor who offers an invaluable learning experience of the human body. Class size is limited to ensure that each participant will have the opportunity to view and touch the cadavers while she narrates and answers questions. She will also tailor her instruction to specific interests wherever possible.
- Muscles and structures of the back
- Muscles and structures of the upper and lower extremities
- Muscles and structures of the head and neck
- Muscles, structures and organs of the thorax and abdomen
- Brain and spinal cord
Course Notes: This course is offered three times a year (fall, winter and spring terms). In winter term the focus is on acupuncture and acupressure points, along with general anatomy.
- There will not be a formal break during the session. You are encouraged to bring a beverage or light snack that would be kept outside the lab if you need a short personal break.
- The class is held in the cadaver lab where the bodies are preserved with formaldehyde. Although the lab has excellent air ventilation and circulation, the university provides formaldehyde blocking respirators for class participants. Lab coats and nitrile gloves are also provided for personal protection. Please note that Dr. Love is sensitive to your concerns about mortality and the body as a vessel of the spirit.
Location: Bastyr University Kenmore Campus, rooms #57 (initial check-in) and #50 (lab). Bastyr University is housed in an older facility with fluctuating interior temperatures; it is advisable to wear layers. Also, Bastyr is a “fragrance-free” campus.
Audience: Open to licensed health care practitioners, massage therapists, yoga and Pilates instructors, and other health care professionals who have had anatomy coursework (coursework does not need to be recent). Register early - class size is limited to 12 participants.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs, PDAs, CMEs, CPEUs):
CEUs available for LMPs licensed in WA
CEUs available for PTs & OTs licensed in WA
NCBTMB CEs pending approval for LMPs
NCCAOM PDA points pending approval for LAc’s
CEUs pending approval for LAc’s licensed in CA
Becky Love, DVM
Dr Rebecca Love, DVM, is an associate professor at Bastyr University where she teaches courses in gross and microscopic anatomy. Passionate about the art and science of the human body she guides naturopathic students through a year-long cadaver dissection program. Additionally she teaches palpation anatomy to acupuncture, exercise science and massage students.