Feeding New Families (15280)
14500 Juanita Dr. NE
Kenmore, WA 98028
|Full Registration||$ 159.00|
Transform what is served at your table and at the tables of new families you care for. Our food choices inform every growing cell in our bodies. Naturally, parents want their children to form healthy bodies by serving the best food possible from pre-conception through childhood. Included in price is whole foods snack and lunch.
- Discover a basic whole foods philosophy and why fresh, local and organic are important for young children and for nursing women
- Recognize what foods deserve to be on the family plate
- Form a fresh understanding about what’s worth buying, preparing and eating.
- Learn how to prepare good foods that are satisfying and pleasurable for every family member, at every age.
- Construct a balanced meal based on the marriage of traditional wisdom and the latest research.
- Gain basic knife skills, and experience with whole grain & bean cookery
- Create and eat a spectacular luncheon buffet based on the “Build a Bowl” concept.
- Eight full kitchen stations of the Nutrition Teaching Kitchen on the Bastyr campus provide the perfect venue to learn, cook and share.
This workshop is for:
Anyone who serves new families cares about food, health and wants to have fun:
Nurses and Nurse Practitioners
Prenatal and New Parent Yoga Teachers
- Feeding the Whole Family by Cynthia Lair
Cynthia Lair, CHN, is an author and co-host of Cookus Interruptus, an online cooking show. She’s the author of Feeding the Whole Family (2008) and Feeding the Young Athlete: Sports Nutrition Made Easy for Players, Parents and Coaches ( 2012). She is also core faculty and Culinary Curriculum Director at Bastyr’s Department of Nutrition & Exercise Science since 1994. Cynthia is Faculty Mentor and an Instructor of Feeding New Families at the Simkin Center.
All courses are held at Bastyr University unless otherwise noted. Directions
Contact us for lodging information: 425-602-3075.
Contact Us :
Call us at (425) 602-3361