Feeding New Families (14281)
14500 Juanita Dr. NE
Kenmore, WA 98028
|Full Registration||$ 169.00|
Transform what is served at your table and at the tables of new families you care for. Our food choices inform every growing cell in our bodies. Naturally, parents want their children to form healthy bodies by serving the best food possible from pre-conception through childhood. Included in price is whole foods snack and lunch.
- Discover a basic whole foods philosophy and why fresh, local and organic are important for young children and for nursing women
- Recognize what foods deserve to be on the family plate
- Form a fresh understanding about what’s worth buying, preparing and eating.
- Learn how to prepare good foods that are satisfying and pleasurable for every family member, at every age.
- Construct a balanced meal based on the marriage of traditional wisdom and the latest research.
- Gain basic knife skills, and experience with whole grain & bean cookery
- Create and eat a spectacular luncheon buffet based on the “Build a Bowl” concept.
- Eight full kitchen stations of the Nutrition Teaching Kitchen on the Bastyr campus provide the perfect venue to learn, cook and share.
This workshop is for:
Anyone who serves new families cares about food, health and wants to have fun:
Nurses and Nurse Practitioners
Prenatal and New Parent Yoga Teachers
- Feeding the Whole Family by Cynthia Lair
Leika Suzumura, RD, received her degree in nutrition at Bastyr University and is passionate about food justice and the pursuit of making quality foods accessible to all people. She has dedicated her career to community nutrition with an emphasis on childhood nutrition and parent education as a way to support the livelihood of the next generation. Her approach focuses on bringing kids and parents into the kitchen so that learning nutrition is fun and delicious! Leika is an Instructor of Feeding New Families at the Simkin Center.
All courses are held at Bastyr University unless otherwise noted. Directions
Contact us for lodging information: 425-602-3075.
Contact Us :
Call us at (425) 602-3361