The Essential Oil Medicine Cabinet (AROMA - 12ESSE10)
Kenmore, WA 98028-4966
|Bastyr/NIAOM Alumni||$ 55.00|
|General public||$ 65.00|
|BU staff||$ 55.00|
|Full time student||$ 35.00|
Staying healthy and reducing daily stress has become a great challenge, as well as an economic burden. In this workshop you will learn how to use essential oils for quick and easy solutions to emotional strain, protection from environmental stress and as the perfect home remedy for many illnesses. Essential oils can be used for family members of all ages, including children
Upon completion of the seminar you will be able to:
- Select at least six essential oils to effectively treat infections
- Select at least four essential oils to reduce inflammation and pain
- Choose two oils for digestive issues
- Create a multi-purpose and economical home remedy kit
Jimm Harrison, Cosmetologist and Certified Aromatherapist, founded the Phytotherapy Institute in 1995 to advance education in essential oil and plant therapy. He was the first cosmetologist invited by Harvard University and MIT to discuss the impact of essential oils in skin care. Harrison has been conducting certification programs and lectures in essential oil therapy for accredited massage, spa therapy, cosmetology and medical esthetic institutions across the country since 1993, including the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, and Massachusetts College of Pharmacy. He is the author of Aromatherapy: Therapeutic Use of Essential Oils for Esthetics, and has developed natural/organic skin care products for the professional and retail markets. To read more about this presenter, please visit his website at www.jimmharrison.com.
Course fee includes materials and supplies (a $10.00 value)
- CEUs available for NDs (except CA & OR)
- CEUs available for LMPs licensed in WA
- NCBTMB CEs approved for LMPs
- CEUs available for ARNPs and RNs licensed in WA
- CEUs available for DCs licensed in WA
- Category II CMEs available for MDs and PAs licensed in WA
- NCCAOM PDA points pending approval for LAc’s
- CEUs approved for LAc’s licensed in CA
Location: Bastyr University Kenmore Campus, room 146. Bastyr University is housed in an older facility with fluctuating interior temperatures; it is advisable to wear layers. Also, Bastyr is a “fragrance-free” campus.
You will have the option to purchase natural skin care products and essential oils directly from the instructor after the class concludes (Credit card, cash or check payable to the instructor).