Indigenous Wisdom & Healing: Illumination & Protection (INDIGENOUS - 14ILLU10)
See location under description.
Kenmore, WA 98028-4966
|Professional after 10/8||$ 355.00|
|General Public after 10/8||$ 355.00|
|Bastyr/NIAOM Alumni after 10/8||$ 315.00|
|Full-Time Student||$ 215.00|
Please Bring: 1) notebook or journal; 2) pen; 3) flashlight; 4) scissors; 5) backpack or beach bag for collected items; 6) comfort items (i.e., meditation pillow or regular pillow; and yoga mat or blanket); 7) rattle; 8) pendulum; and 9) medicine bundle (created in the Tracking & Clearing class).
For those who did not attend Tracking & Clearing, also bring with you the following items for creating your medicine bundle: a) 12 stones of your choice (from nature or store bought, natural or polished, each of which fits comfortably in your hand). Nine of the stones may be of any type or color. Three of the stones can be any type, but the color should be specific: one black, one red and one yellow. b) woven cloth or natural textile of any type with an approximate size of 24” x 24” or up to 28” x 28”; c) cloth or cord tie 70” long to wrap around the exterior of the cloth. (Note: the cloth, tie and stones will become your medicine bundle so when selecting these items please make a deliberate decision by what calls to your heart.)
Please Wear: comfortable clothing for floor work, as well as weather-appropriate attire for outdoor exploration and activities.
Description: Consciously inform your subconscious mind and sculpt your thoughts to shift your world. Achieve movement, and discover new pathways of purpose as you reawaken and reconnect with your energetic essence. Explore the ancient practices of the Peruvian shaman and the modern principles of neuroscience. Rejuvenate your system and redefine your energetic boundaries as you discover methods to manage your energy body and use self-care practices. Learn to harness Universal energy to enhance and protect the quality of your energy body and attain knowledge that supports health and wholeness for self as well as client.
Upon completion of this seminar you will be able to:
- Explain how all vision and imagery originating in nature and in the inner mind is an expression of Universal energy
- Describe the principles of the Three Worlds and the Three Powers of Inca Cosmology which assist you in perceiving your inner world and orienting to physical reality
- Identify and interpret symbolism and spirit medicine of the natural world
- Describe the symbolism and spirit medicine of three animals, three plants and three stones
- Perform an inventory and assessment of the condition of your physical body and status of your emotional state
- Build a nature mandala and describe the procedure, process and purpose of its creation
- Explain the correlation between breath, brain waves and the four perceptual states
- Perform breathwork techniques which move and release energy and alter your conscious state enabling healing to begin
- Use guided visualization and shamanic journeywork to explore the subconscious mind and varying levels of consciousness to activate inner knowing, awaken the innate ability to heal, and ignite life force and purpose
- Describe the interconnectedness between practitioner, the medicine bundle and Universal energy – explore how this relationship facilitates expanded consciousness, transformation, and healing for self and client
- Discuss proper care and maintenance of the medicine bundle
- Describe the procedure, process and purpose of the fire ceremony and its transformational benefits
- Explore your energy body to locate its energetic borders, and intentionally inhabit your architecture
- Explore and access your client’s energy body to locate and determine its energetic borders and terrain
- Distinguish between your personal visceral experiences and the visceral experiences of others as you connect with your client’s physical and emotional state while maintaining your center
- Develop trust in yourself and cultivate confidence as you distinguish the physical sensation of truth in your body
- Discuss energy depletion, dis-ease, destructive repetitive thoughts and behaviors, challenging relationships, and uncomfortable environments, and how these energies either manifest from within you or are transferred to you by others
- Describe the difference between solidified energies and free flowing energies, and explain how shifting your energies alter the blueprint of your energetic code and facilitate wellness
- Discuss effective energetic interventions that protect people and places by neutralizing negativity and establishing energetic boundaries
- Describe the practice of stillness and conscious cultivation of thought, and how each promotes optimal health and emotional freedom by healing the past and influencing the future
- Interpret the spirit medicine of the nature mandala and describe how messages received through the process facilitate shifts in perception and the redesign of cognitive and somatic expressions
- Experience how to partner with your medicine bundle to perform a specialized method of energy extraction for your client, then restructure and revitalize the energy body using botanicals and plant spirit medicine
- Perform guided visualization and shamanic journeywork to explore levels of consciousness to neutralize negativity, protect and fortify the energy body, and infuse courage and creativity in your life
This class is part of a non-credit program offered by Bastyr’s Continuing Education Department. To read about the program course sequence, program requirements and fees, go to
Cost Note: Receive a discount and register by 10/8.
Meals: One hour lunch break- Bring a sack lunch or eat in Bastyr's dining commons.
Location: Bastyr University Kenmore Campus, room # 284. Bastyr University is housed in an older facility with fluctuating interior temperatures; it is advisable to wear layers. Also, Bastyr is a “fragrance-free” campus.
Audience: The seminar content has been designed for licensed health care professionals; however, the general public is invited to attend as well.
14 Continuing Education Units (CEUs):
CEUs available for NDs (except CA & OR)
CEUs available for LMFTs, LMHCs & LICSWs licensed in WA
CEUs available for LMPs licensed in WA
CEUs available for ARNPs & RNs licensed in WA
Lauren Nalder, BSc
Lauren’s philosophy is to live intentionally and love unconditionally. Conscious of the human condition and human potential, she enables students to expand their minds and hearts and awaken their vision and voice by engaging them with the energy of the Universe and the healing wisdom of the natural world.
Over the course of 30 years, Lauren has traveled the globe visiting sacred sites and gathering knowledge from cultures steeped in tradition. She has studied world mythology, Toltec wisdom, and the spiritual and healing practices of the Amazon and Andes. Lauren blends Inca shamanism, primordial energy medicine, Eastern philosophy and Western consciousness work to offer students tools and techniques which facilitate the healing process for self and others - enabling one to enjoy exceptional states of well-being.
Founder of The Center for Elemental Healing and Wisdom, Lauren offers workshops, retreats, on-line learning and certification programs in mind-body-spirit medicine. Lauren provides group facilitation and private sessions for clients worldwide. She has worked with individuals and organizations alike - corporations, government officials, law enforcement agencies, athletes and those in the entertainment industry. A graduate of the University of Utah, Lauren earned a Bachelor of Science in Exercise Physiology & Sport Science. To learn more about this instructor visit www.elementalhealingandwisdom.com