Indigenous Wisdom & Healing: Tracking & Clearing (INDIGENOUS - 14TRAC09)
See location under description.
Kenmore, WA 98028-4966
|Professional after 9/22||$ 355.00|
|General Public after 9/22||$ 355.00|
|Bastyr/NIAOM Alumni after 9/22||$ 315.00|
|Full-Time Student after 9/22||$ 215.00|
Please Bring: 1) notebook or journal; 2) pen; 3) comfort items (i.e., meditation pillow or regular pillow; and yoga mat or blanket); 4) rattle; 5) pendulum; and 6) Items for creating your medicine bundle: a) 12 stones of your choice (from nature or store bought, natural or polished, each of which fits comfortably in your hand). Nine of the stones may be of any type or color. Three of the stones can be any type, but the color should be specific: one black, one red and one yellow. b) woven cloth or natural textile of any type with an approximate size of 24” x 24” or up to 28” x 28”; c) cloth or cord tie 70” long to wrap around the exterior of the cloth. (Note: the cloth, tie and stones will become your medicine bundle so when selecting these items please make a deliberate decision by what calls to your heart.)
Please wear: comfortable loose-fitting clothing for floor-work.
Description: Our overall health and well-being is intricately tied to the state of our physical, emotional and spiritual self. Energy organizes all matter, including our bodies, and every aspect of our lives. All imbalances originate at the energetic level. Our energy body codes within it a complete record of all our past experiences and present beliefs - it’s these beliefs and experiences which color our perception of our environment. The energy body directly influences our gene expression, which in turn affects our biology and behavior.
Learn to read and interact with your client’s energy body and assist them in releasing negative imprints - opening the way for the creation of positive new patterns of thought, as well as the healing and restoration of their entire being. Employ the ancient wisdom and healing practices of the indigenous peoples of the Americas while embracing the latest advancements of epigenetics and neuroplasticity to bring the body and brain back to a state of vibrant health.
Upon completion of this seminar you will be able to:
- Demonstrate how to open sacred space to create a safe, trusting and nurturing environment
- Perform a client intake interview and exit procedure
- Describe a take-home practice that can be used at home that will support integration and continued growth for clients
- Demonstrate how to access the energetic architecture of the body to sense its luminous structures and perceive the language of each
- Explain how one’s experiences are stored and processed in the energetic architecture of the body
- Describe the Inca Medicine Wheel and the four archetypal energies of Amazonian Cosmology and how these archetypes correspond to the four perceptual states of one’s being
- Explain the process of tracking energy, the type of information retrieved from entering each perceptual state, and how this keen awareness and in depth knowledge facilitates healing for self and client
- Demonstrate tracking energy for self and client, in each of the four perceptual states
- Demonstrate how to connect with the energy pathways of the head to perceive and interpret stored traumatic imprints
- Create a personal medicine bundle and explain how to partner with it to facilitate healing
- Perform a chakra evaluation with a pendulum and assess the condition of the energy body
- Perform a basic level shamanic energy medicine healing session, and describe how this healing modality facilitates the removal of the mental, emotional, physical and spiritual traumatic patterns that are accumulated and imprinted in the body throughout a lifetime
- Demonstrate how to come into deep rapport with a client through the synchronization of breath and the convergence of the healing journey
- Demonstrate how to resolve and release trauma that is energetically engraved in the body, and discover the core of disharmony to clear physical dysfunction and toxic emotional debris – replacing it with a quantum of clean energy to enhance the body’s vibrational state
- Describe how to decode messages and decipher meaning as you receive spiritual imagery, and learn to speak this energetic language of the soul to discover delivered wisdom teachings that embody powerful healing medicine
- Describe three basic energy clearing methods a practitioner may utilize for self-care
- Describe how to incorporate shamanic energy medicine techniques within the scope of an existing health care practice
- Discuss ethics and the high level of integrity which is essential to the shamanic energy medicine practitioner
This class is part of a non-credit program offered by Bastyr’s Continuing Education Department. To read about the program course sequence, program requirements and fees, go to www.Bastyr.edu/Continuing-Education/Certificate-Training-Programs-non-credit
Cost Note: Register by 9/10 and receive a discount.
Meals: One hour lunch break - bring a sack lunch or eat in Bastyr's dining commons.
Location: Bastyr University Kenmore Campus, room 286. Bastyr University is housed in an older facility with fluctuating interior temperatures; it is advisable to wear layers. Also, Bastyr is a “fragrance-free” campus.
Audience: The seminar content has been designed for licensed health care professionals; however, the general public is invited to attend as well.
14 Continuing Education Units (CEUs, PDAs, CMEs, CPEUs):
CEUs available for NDs (except CA & OR)
CEUs available for LMFTs, LMHCs & LICSWs licensed in WA
CEUs available for LMPs licensed in WA
CEUs available for ARNPs & RNs licensed in WA
Lauren Nalder, BSc
Lauren’s philosophy is to live intentionally and love unconditionally. Conscious of the human condition and human potential, she enables students to expand their minds and hearts and awaken their vision and voice by engaging them with the energy of the Universe and the healing wisdom of the natural world.
Over the course of 30 years, Lauren has traveled the globe visiting sacred sites and gathering knowledge from cultures steeped in tradition. She has studied world mythology, Toltec wisdom, and the spiritual and healing practices of the Amazon and Andes. Lauren blends Inca shamanism, primordial energy medicine, Eastern philosophy and Western consciousness work to offer students tools and techniques which facilitate the healing process for self and others - enabling one to enjoy exceptional states of well-being.
Founder of The Center for Elemental Healing and Wisdom, Lauren offers workshops, retreats, on-line learning and certification programs in mind-body-spirit medicine. Lauren provides group facilitation and private sessions for clients worldwide. She has worked with individuals and organizations alike - corporations, government officials, law enforcement agencies, athletes and those in the entertainment industry. A graduate of the University of Utah, Lauren earned a Bachelor of Science in Exercise Physiology & Sport Science. To learn more about this instructor visit www.elementalhealingandwisdom.com