Free Celebration of Food Features Bastyr Speakers
Lynnwood Convention Center
Lynnwood, WA 98036
Join the food revolution by attending the third annual Celebration of Food from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, May 18, at the Lynnwood Convention Center, 3711 196th Street S.W., Lynnwood.
Speakers will include:
- Cynthia Lair, CHN, author of "Feeding the Young Athlete" and a core faculty member in the Bastyr University Department of Nutrition and Exercise Science, will speak at noon about "Nutrition for the Young Athlete."
- Maeghan Culver, ND, a supervising clinician at Bastyr Center for Natural Health who also sees patients one-on-one in Practitioner Care, will speak at 12:30 p.m. about "Food Allergies and Sensitivities: Facts & Fiction."
- Ellie Freeman, MSN ('13), a dietetic intern at Bastyr University, will speak at 1:30 p.m. about "Clean Food Choices: A Holistic Perspective."
The family-friendly festival invites you to taste, explore and experience real food, featuring:
- Food — Free samples, demos, displays, and items for purchase.
- Gardening — Demos, displays, and activities by farm and garden professionals will show how to grow your own food and where to purchase locally grown food.
- Resources — Experts, displays, books, and resources will be available for children and adults to learn everything about growing to cooking to preserving food.