Sign up for a Tour
Medicinal Herb Garden
Kenmore, WA 98028-4966
Tour the Bastyr Herb Garden
Many public visitors enjoy the garden, and Bastyr students have a special relationship with this extraordinary feature of the campus. Some say the garden is one of the main reasons they chose to study at Bastyr.
Take a Self-Guided Garden Tour
The Bastyr University Medicinal Herb Garden is always open for a self-guided tour, where you are welcome to view over 350 western and Chinese herbs. Feel free to visit, browse and explore on your own any time. (Please note: Some medicinal plants can be toxic, so we ask that you not touch or taste anything in the garden. Please respect these garden specimens, and keep children and pets from touching, tasting or disturbing the plants).
Explore the Garden With the Help of a Guide
|One-hour tours led by knowledgeable guides are also available for groups, with a focus either on the campus or the garden, or both. Please be aware that tours involve a significant amount of walking. Because Bastyr University is a non-profit with a small operating budget, we suggest tour donations of $10 per person to help offset costs of offering guided tours.|
Tour Details and Sign-up Information
- Tours are scheduled Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., from spring to fall and are based on availability of a guide. Tours are not available during holidays.
- A tour donation of $10 per person is suggested, payable in cash or check and made out to Bastyr University. Tour donations support garden improvements and upkeep.
- Tours should be scheduled at least one month in advance.
- Minimum number of guided tour guests is 10, maximum is 25.
- Visitor parking is available by visitor's permit; carpooling is advised. Buses and large vans require special parking arrangements. Please call (425) 602-3272.
- For further information call (425) 602-3272.