Hypnotherapy: Awareness & Integration (HYPNO - 13AWAR04)
ROOM 284 (4/12-13) & ROOM 184 (5/3-4)
Kenmore, WA 98028-4966
|Professional after 3/26||$ 765.00|
|Bastyr/NIAOM alumni after 3/26||$ 685.00|
|General public after 3/26||$ 765.00|
|BU staff after 3/26||$ 595.00|
|Full-time student||$ 465.00|
Required Textbooks & Assignments: Obtain a copy of Hypnotherapy: A Client-Centered Approach, by Mary Lee LaBay (approx.$30 in the Bastyr Bookstore – call ahead to insure books are available 425-602-3026), and complete the required homework and reading assignments prior to the first class session.
Hypnotherapy and its accompanying healing protocols are considered to be rapid and effective approaches to understanding and modifying perceptions, beliefs, communication and behavior, along with accelerated self-awareness and change. As a holistic approach to wellness, this technology allows us to create and direct our experiences in body, mind, emotions and energy.
This course provides you with a uniquely designed set of practical skills that Dr. LaBay has modified for increased effectiveness over the past 15 years of clinical practice that will give you a unique and effective approach to your wellness practice.
Hypnotherapy: Awareness & Integration consists of two components, home study and classroom experience. Home study is approximately 14 hours of reading and completing exercises, and 8 hours conducting practice hypnosis sessions. You will receive your course workbook in advance to begin the home-study portion of the course. Classroom experience includes discussing the material to ensure assimilation, observing live demonstrations of each of the techniques to see them in action and in combination, and practicing the techniques to gain substantial personal experience - both as the therapist and as the client.
Although some of the topics listed below also appear in the course description for Hypnotherapy: Transformation & Healing, each course will present unique methods and approaches (i.e. each course includes inductions, but different induction methods will be explored in each course).
Home-study will include information on:
- Setting a conducive environment, building rapport, adjusting voice tonality and speed, conducting the intake interview, and gracefully transitioning between techniques during the session.
- Various methods of induction and deepening to get even the most resistant or analytical client into the proper state to successfully and safely experience hypnosis.
- Organic and client-centered concepts and methods that allow you to work without scripts, maintain deep rapport with your client, and be intuitively attuned to the client’s experience as it unfolds.
- Formation and use of non-leading questions to avoid false memory syndrome.
- Methods to bring your client safely out of trance.
- Case studies that provide a deeper understanding of their application.
You will attend two, two-day weekend classroom sessions. During the classroom-based instruction you will experience and practice techniques for:
- Inductions and Deepening: Several techniques to achieve and deepen the state of hypnosis.
- Emerging: Complete the hypnosis session, bringing the client back to normal awareness and closing conversations with the client.
- Safe Space: Guide the client to imagine a place where they are relaxed, protected and connected.
- Regression to Cause: Discover the initial sensitizing event.
- Suggestibility tests: Determine how easily your client will go into trance.
- Reverse Metaphor: A uniquely designed technique to allow the subconscious to communicate its wisdom to the conscious mind.
- Secondary Gains: Discover underlying motivation for indecision, self-sabotage, and inner conflict.
- Parts Therapy: Resolve indecision, self-sabotage, and inner conflict.
- Inner Child: Address the needs of the inner child, from infancy to the present, to resolve emotional and psychological hurt, pain, trauma, misconceptions, confusion, and restore strength of character, self-esteem and pride.
- Chair Therapy: Resolve issues with other people, dead or alive, including rehearsing a confrontation with the boss, putting to rest family dysfunction, and completing the grieving process.
- Reframing: Alter perspectives of challenging events for positive assimilation.
- The Empowerment Symbol: Anchor positive traits and resources.
- Role Model: Rapid assimilation of the healing and changes that have taken place.
- Future Pacing: Anchoring positive change into the future for sustained results.
- An overview discussion of professional ethics and the laws governing hypnotherapists.
Become a part of a rapidly growing number of people who are adding “hypnotherapist” to their credentials. Start a new career, or take your existing practice to a new level with hypnosis and other rapid and effective healing techniques. This course provides powerful techniques to the holistic or allopathic health care practitioner whose practice would benefit from the use of trance induction, relaxation, visualization, mind/body healing, and specific approaches and concepts for deep, sustainable wellness. It is equally beneficial for those who wish to explore a new career path in hypnotherapy, or who simply want to experience deep personal change and growth.
Previous students who have taken Dr. LaBay’s courses state that the experience was life-changing. Whether you choose to use the experiences in your professional practice, or use it for personal development, you will undoubtedly come away with a wealth of information. These experiences are bound to expand your perspective, stretch your imagination, flex your intuition, satisfy your logical quest, and give you a stronger sense of self. And, you just might use it to take your professional practice to the next level!
“Mary Lee’s course was life changing, both personally and professionally, providing a strong foundation and very effective tools for my exciting new career in hypnotherapy. The material was presented in a clear, concise, and most enjoyable fashion, enhancing my everyday experience while illuminating my future.” Lydia C
This class is part of a non-credit program offered by Bastyr’s Continuing Education Department. To read about the program course sequence, program requirements and fees, just click on the Program Flier PDF.
Cost Notes: Receive a discount, register by March 26. Fee includes a detailed workbook ($35 value). If you cancel and are eligible for a refund, you will be charged a $35 processing fee plus $35 for the workbook (total of $70).
Course Notes: It is recommended that you register at least two weeks prior to the first day of class. When the class has reached the minimum number of students, you will receive an email with the workbook attachment and pre-class assignments.
Meals: One hour lunch break – Bring a sack lunch or eat in Bastyr’s dining commons.
Location: Bastyr University Kenmore Campus, room TBD. Bastyr University is housed in an older facility with fluctuating interior temperatures; it is advisable to wear layers. Also, Bastyr is a “fragrance-free” campus.
Audience: The seminar content has been designed for licensed health care professionals; however, the general public is invited to attend as well.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs, CMEs):
CEUs available for NDs (except CA & OR)
CEUs available for LMPs licensed in WA
CEUs available for marriage & family therapists, mental health counselors, and social workers licensed in WA
CEUs available for ARNPs and RNs licensed in WA
CEUs available for DCs licensed in WA
Category II CMEs available for MDs and PAs licensed in WA
Mary Lee LaBay, PhD, holds a Doctorate in Behavioral Psychology and is the founder of Awareness Engineering. As a Certified Instructor of Hypnotherapy since 1999, she offers professional training in hypnosis, past life regression, and transpersonal discovery. LaBay has authored five books on hypnotherapy, self-hypnosis, and past life regression; and was named among the Top 100 Thought Leaders by Personal Excellence magazine. She has maintained a private practice in Bellevue, WA, for over 15 years. To read more about the presenter, visit her website at www.maryleelabay.com.