Mission and Founders' Awards Program
The 2014 Mission and Founders’ Day Dinner will be held on the evening of Saturday, November 1 at Bastyr University.
Bastyr University honors alumni, students, and friends who have distinguished themselves through outstanding professional and personal achievement and loyal service to the University and the field of natural health science.
The Mission Award
Bastyr's most prestigious honor, the Mission Award is given annually to the individual, family, corporation or foundation who has demonstrated leadership over time in improving the health and well-being of the human community.
The Founders' Awards
Les Griffith, ND Student Award
This award given annually in Dr. Griffith's name will be granted to a current student who has achieved eminence in their field of study and has rendered exceptional service to the University, bettering the entire Bastyr community and advancing the University's objectives and ideals.
Joe Pizzorno, ND Alumnus/a Award
This award given annually in Dr. Pizzorno's name will be granted to an alumnus who has achieved eminence in his/her field of study and has rendered exceptional service to Bastyr, bettering the entire Bastyr community and advancing the University's objectives and ideals.
Bill Mitchell, ND Service Merit Award
This award given annually in Dr. Mitchell's name will recognize exemplary philanthropy and outstanding dedication to Bastyr University
Sheila Quinn Service to Society Award
This award recognizes an individual who is pursuing his/her education and provides outstanding leadership in volunteer service and civic engagement to their community and neighbors.
Previous Mission and Founders' Award Recipients
- Mission: The Barlean Family
- Griffith: Heather Flood, ND/AOM candidate (’15)
- Mitchell: Debra Boutin, MS, RDN, CD
- Pizzorno: Kelly Morrow, MS, RD, CD
- Quinn: Rosia Parrish, ND candidate (’16)
- Mission: Jeffrey S. Bland, PhD, FACN, FACB
- Griffith: Joshua Goldenberg, ND
- Mitchell: Beth DiDomenico, ND
- Pizzorno: Carol Duke (former Bastyr director of financial aid; posthumously awarded)
- Quinn: Dawn Lawlor, ND
- Mission: Catherine Parker, MSA, LAc
- Griffith: Pragati B. Patel, ND
- Mitchell: Sarah Acosta Smith, ND
- Pizzorno: Ryan D. Bradley, ND, MPH
- Quinn: BreAnna M. Waliser, ND
- Mission: Maxine Hayes, MD, MPH
- Griffith: Jennifer Nelson, MA, ND
- Mitchell: Leanna Standish, PhD, ND, LAc
- Pizzorno: Kasra Pournadeali, ND
- Quinn: Katherine Rose Hart, MS, CN
- Mission: Budge Brown/Lorraine Masterson
- Griffith: Ryan Robbins, ND
- Mitchell: Molly Niedermeyer, ND
- Pizzorno: Richard "Kyo" Mitchell, LAc
- Quinn: Jenny Perez
Please direct any questions regarding the nomination process to our awards coordinator:
Director, Career & Alumni Services
As the world's leading academic center for advancing and integrating knowledge in the natural health arts and sciences, Bastyr University will transform the health and well-being of the human community.
We educate future leaders in the natural health arts and sciences. Respecting the healing power of nature and recognizing that body, mind and spirit are intrinsically inseparable, we model an integrated approach to education, research and clinical service.