Mission and Founders' Awards Program
The 2016 Mission and Founders’ Day Dinner will be held on the evening of Saturday, November 5 at the Experience Music Project (EMP) Museum in Seattle, Washington.
Bastyr University honors alumni, students, faculty, staff and friends who have distinguished themselves through outstanding professional and personal achievement and loyal service to the University and the field of natural health science.
The Mission Award
Bastyr's most prestigious honor, the Mission Award is given annually to the individual, family, corporation or foundation who has demonstrated leadership over time in improving the health and well-being of the human community.
The Founders' Awards
Les Griffith, ND, Student Award
This award given annually in Dr. Griffith's name will be granted to a current student who has achieved distinction in his/her field of study and has rendered exceptional service to the University, improving the entire Bastyr community and advancing the University's objectives and ideals.
Joseph E. Pizzorno, Jr., ND, Alumnus/a Award
This award given annually in Dr. Pizzorno's name will be granted to an alumna/alumnus who has achieved distinction in her/his field of study and has rendered exceptional service to Bastyr, improving the entire Bastyr community and advancing the University's objectives and ideals.
William A. Mitchell, Jr., ND, Service Merit Award
This award given annually in Dr. Mitchell's name will recognize outstanding service and dedication to Bastyr University.
Sheila Quinn Service to Society Award
This award given annually in Sheila Quinn’s name will recognize a staff or faculty member who has provided outstanding leadership in volunteer service and civic engagement to their community and neighbors.
Mission Award Winners
- 2015 Michael Murray, ND ('85)
- 2014 Tom Trompeter, MPA
- 2013 Barlean Family (Bruce Barlean, David and Barbara Barlean)
- 2012 Jeffrey S. Bland, PhD, FACN, FACB
- 2011 Catherine H. Parker, MSA (’05), LAc
- 2010 Maxine Hayes, MD, MPH
- 2009 Budge Brown/Lorraine Masterson
- 2008 Dwayne Clark
- 2007 Bill Mitchell, ND
- 2006 Jean Enersen
- 2005 George and Judy Schuchart
- 2004 Richard and Jileen Russell
- 2003 Prudy Rolfe
- 2002 Linda Nordstrom and Christian Seifert
Founders’ Award Winners
- Griffith: Serina Aubrecht, ND Candidate (2016)
- Mitchell: Joni Olehausen, ND
- Pizzorno: Maurice Werness, ND ('92)
- Quinn: Thombra Muhammad
- Griffith: Adam Silberman, ND Candidate (2016)
- Mitchell: Christian Dodge, ND (’02)
- Pizzorno: Lise Alschueler, ND (’94)
- Quinn: Anna Graklanoff, ND, MSAOM Candidate (2015)
- Griffith: Heather Flood, ND/AOM candidate (’15)
- Mitchell: Debra Boutin, MS, RDN, CD
- Pizzorno: Kelly Morrow, MS, RD, CD
- Quinn: Rosia Parrish, ND candidate (’16)
- Griffith: Joshua Goldenberg, ND
- Mitchell: Carol Duke (former Bastyr director of financial aid; posthumously awarded)
- Pizzorno: Beth DiDomenico, ND
- Quinn: Dawn Lawlor, ND
- Griffith: Pragati B. Patel, ND
- Mitchell: Sarah Acosta Smith, ND
- Pizzorno: Ryan D. Bradley, ND, MPH
- Quinn: BreAnna M. Waliser, ND
- Griffith: Jennifer Nelson, MA, ND
- Mitchell: Leanna Standish, PhD, ND, LAc
- Pizzorno: Kasra Pournadeali, ND
- Quinn: Katherine Rose Hart, MS, CN
- Griffith: Ryan Robbins, ND
- Mitchell: Molly Niedermeyer, ND
- Pizzorno: Richard "Kyo" Mitchell, LAc
- Quinn: Jenny Perez
- Griffith: Eva Kozura
- Mitchell: Peggy Brevoort
- Pizzorno: Jane Guiltinan ND
- Quinn: Ryah Nabielski
Please direct any questions regarding the nomination process to our awards coordinator:
Director, Career & Alumni Services
As the world's leading academic center for advancing and integrating knowledge in the natural health arts and sciences, Bastyr University will transform the health and well-being of the human community.
We educate future leaders in the natural health arts and sciences. Respecting the healing power of nature and recognizing that body, mind and spirit are intrinsically inseparable, we model an integrated approach to education, research and clinical service.