Course Summary - Cadaver Anatomy
The Basic Cadaver Anatomy course at Bastyr University offers an opportunity for students and practitioners in every area of health care to review basic anatomy and to view the underlying structures of the body directly.
The course has two purposes:
- To enhance the anatomy, physiology and kinesiology aspects of health care curricula
- To provide a stand-alone review course for the established practitioner
Cadaver anatomy students represent many disciplines, including massage therapy, physical therapy, occupational therapy, rolfing, yoga, Heller body work, Alexander Technique, acupuncture, nursing, and dental hygiene.
Experienced instructors ensure that all students have opportunities to view and touch the human body, as well as ask questions. Instructors are sensitive to students' concerns about mortality and the body as a vessel of the spirit.
Class size is limited to ten students with one instructor and two to three cadavers. Each class session is three hours long.
Six-hour and 12-hour courses are offered. The six-hour course serves as a comprehensive introduction. The longer course provides more time to refine the understanding of the human body. Many students who have taken the six-hour course enroll a second time.
- The muscles and structures of the back, upper and lower extremities
- The brain and the muscles and structures of the head and neck
- The muscles, structures and organs of the thorax and abdomen
Special requests for additional subject matter and special emphasis can frequently be accommodated.
Registration & Fees - Cadaver Anatomy
Lab class with our instructor (six-student minimum per class):
- Six-hour class: $270 per student
- Twelve-hour class: $540 per student
- Other: $45 per hour per student
Lab class with outside instructor is $35 per hour per student. There is a $50 non-refundable room reservation deposit that is applied to the final charge.
To register or for additional information, please call (425) 602-3138. Continuing education credits are available. Inquire when registering.