You are here
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer and direct all incoming calls, includes handling initial screening of incoming admissions-related calls.
- Greet and assist visitors.
- Assist other departments with clerical tasks which can be performed at the front desk; communicate messages to all departments.
- Provide administrative support (including IT) during weekend classes and events.
- Opens and secure the building for weekend classes and events.
- Maintain the Reception area (including related office equipment, lost-and-found, refilling supplies at the counter, updating job book, and general tidiness of the office.)
Knowledge: Must be familiar with contemporary multi-line phone system
Skills and Abilities: Excellent communication and social skills including the ability to handle a variety of situations with maturity, confidentiality and tact. Excellent customer service skills. Must be comfortable with diversity in the workplace. Must be able to perform project work with current versions of MS Word, Excel and e-mail.
Experience: At least one year of relevant reception experience including multi-line telephones, business mail processing, customer service, and working with vendors.
Education: H.S. diploma or GED equivalent plus some college or business school training.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES: Maintain the Reception area (including related office equipment, lost-and-found, refilling supplies at the counter, updating job book, and general tidiness of the office.)
Please refer to job #14-056CA and position title when applying and send cover letter, resume, and professional references. Please visit our website at http://www.bastyr.edu/about/jobs/opportunities.
Please submit cover letter, resume and references to:
To preserve natural resources and to help process your application more quickly, we ask that you only submit the documents requested per the job to the email below. No paper copies, please.
Phone: (425) 602-3087
Office Hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Bastyr University is an equal opportunity employer. Persons of color, women, veterans, and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.