Senior Marketing Communications Coordinator P/T
You are here
Are you visual, creative and marketing-savvy? Bastyr University, internationally renowned school of natural health arts and sciences, is in need of a part-time Marketing Communications Coordinator in San Diego. The right candidate will promote the University and its teaching clinic by helping to create and execute compelling marketing campaigns and materials.
You’ll be responsible for:
Coordinating high-quality print and online materials, including advertisements, social media content, newsletters, brochures and signage
Community outreach and event planning
Implementing our annual print advertising plan
Assisting the marketing and media team with website maintenance, writing/editing projects and various administrative tasks
You’ll already be a master of these skills:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including knowledge of AP style
- A sharp eye for design
- High-level skills in Microsoft Office
- Experience with established and emerging social media networks
- Ability to multitask, handle multiple deadlines simultaneously, pay close attention to detail and work independently
You’ve got the right education and experience:
- BA in in communications or related subject
- Two to three years’ experience in marketing, communications or event planning
You’ll really impress us if you also have:
- Working knowledge of graphic design software
- Working knowledge of html and basic website maintenance principles
- Knowledge of ad campaign development, branding, marketing trends and best practices
- Experience working in higher education, natural health or nonprofit organizations
- Local knowledge of San Diego media, publications, community events and resources
If this sounds like a challenge you’re prepared to tackle, we would love to hear from you! This is a part-time (25 hours/week) salaried position. Please refer to job #14-055CA when applying and send cover letter, resume, professional references and design samples to jobs[at]bastyr[dot]edu
Please submit cover letter, resume and references to:
To preserve natural resources and to help process your application more quickly, we ask that you only submit the documents requested per the job to the email below. No paper copies, please.
Phone: (425) 602-3087
Office Hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Bastyr University is an equal opportunity employer. Persons of color, women, veterans, and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.