Receptionist/Patient Services Representative
You are here
Receptionist/Patient Services Representative for part-time position with flexibility during the week; including evenings and weekends up to 40 hours per week, depending on staffing needs, on the San Diego, California campus.
The ideal candidate will be a friendly, team oriented and hardworking individual as first line of contact in our medical clinic front office. Duties include scheduling appointments, verifying patient demographics, check-in, check-out, multi-line phones, referral authorizations, insurance verifications both online & over the phone, and collecting copays and amounts due at appointments. This person must be able to multi-task and provide the highest standard in patient service in a busy environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer and direct all incoming calls, includes handling initial screening of incoming admissions-related calls.
- Greet and assist visitors.
- Assist other departments with clerical tasks which can be performed at the front desk; communicate messages to all departments.
- Provide administrative support (including IT) during weekend classes and events.
- Opens and secure the building for weekend classes and events.
- Maintain the Reception area (including related office equipment, lost-and-found, refilling supplies at the counter, updating job book, and general tidiness of the office.)
- Candidates must have previously worked in a setting where excellent customer service is a priority. Needs to be reliable, self-motivated, enjoy working with people, handle stressful situations in a professional manner and be detail oriented. Familiarity with Natural Medicine is preferred.
Knowledge: Must be familiar with contemporary multi-line phone system, electronic medical records. ‘Epic’ practice management software experience a plus.
Skills and Abilities: Excellent communication and social skills including the ability to handle a variety of situations with maturity, confidentiality and tact. Excellent customer service skills. Must be comfortable with diversity in the workplace. Must be able to perform project work with current versions of MS Word, Excel and e-mail.
Experience: At least one year of relevant clinic reception experience including multi-line telephones, business mail processing, customer service, and working with vendors.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES: Maintain the Reception area (including related office equipment, lost-and-found, refilling supplies at the counter, updating job book, and general tidiness of the office.)
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent experience required; College or post high school training desired. Must have excellent English language skills, both written and verbal. Basic skills in Microsoft Office Suite. Must possess familiarity with Practice Management software.
Please refer to job #14-056CA and position title when applying and send cover letter, resume, and professional references. Please visit our website at http://www.bastyr.edu/about/jobs/opportunities.
Please submit cover letter, resume and references to:
To preserve natural resources and to help process your application more quickly, we ask that you only submit the documents requested per the job to the email below. No paper copies, please.
Phone: (425) 602-3087
Office Hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Bastyr University is an equal opportunity employer. Persons of color, women, veterans, and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.