Medical Records Lead
You are here
Bastyr Center for Natural Health in Seattle is looking for a Medical Records Lead for our Epic electronic medical records department. Depending on management experience, this position may qualify for supervisory duties.
- The Medical Records Lead will act as the primary Medical Records Department representative to all third parties and will be knowledgeable in all aspects of electronic medical records at Bastyr Center.
- Responsibilities include updating and maintaining procedure and training manuals, ensuring compliance with HIPAA, state and federal legislation and standards related to health information practices.
- Train medical records staff, develop workflows and coordinate work-study staff and staff schedules while performing essential job functions of a Medical Records Specialist, which includes timely scanning and indexing and responding to phone, fax and in-person contacts as appropriate.to ensure optimum customer service.
- Will be authorized to receive subpoenas and court orders for patient records on behalf of the Center and will provide certified record or sworn stipulation with accompanying records releases to all third parties as necessary.
- Will assist with answering the Medical Records helpline during assigned shifts; provide appropriate and timely follow-up to student clinician and patient’s questions.
- Provide accurate, timely processing and follow-up of incoming and outgoing medical records requests; help sort and log incoming mail.
- Orientation and introduction to Medical Records and patient privacy guidelines will be conducted by Lead with incoming student clinicians on a quarterly basis.
- Completion of AA program in Medical Records Technology and RHIT certification is mandatory.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a healthcare setting providing excellent customer service as a medical records lead or specialist handling protected health information and experience with electronic health records is mandatory.
- One year’s experience with EMR is required and Epic experience is mandatory.
- Must be detailed oriented, have excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task plus work well under pressure; excellent interpersonal, written, and presentation skills.
- Candidates will need to tactfully and professionally problem solve, work well both independently and cooperatively as a member of a team.
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week position. Salary range is commensurate with experience. Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Interested persons should refer to job #13-049 when submitting a letter of interest and resume plus three references with contact information to jobs[at]bastyr[dot]edu. Please, no phone calls or mailed application packages. Bastyr University offers a comprehensive benefits and competitive compensation package. For more information, please visit http://www.bastyr.edu/about/jobs/opportunities.
Bastyr University is an equal opportunity employer. Persons of color, women, veterans, and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply. EOE
Please submit cover letter, resume and references to:
To preserve natural resources and to help process your application more quickly, we ask that you only submit your resume to the email below. No paper copies, please.
Phone: (425) 602-3087
Fax: (425) 602-3058
Office Hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Bastyr University is an equal opportunity employer. Persons of color, women, veterans, and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.