Administrative Assistant III
You are here
- Manages Bastyr University’s course assessments (evaluations) each quarter, including email correspondence with department heads/program coordinators, sending announcements/reminders to faculty and students, preparing and distributing assessment materials, and processing/reporting results.
- Collects and archives copies of course syllabi (from Moodle) quarterly for accreditation purposes; request outstanding syllabi from instructors via email. Proofs each syllabus for correct course information, quarter dates and format. Retrieves archived syllabi as requested by deans, chairs or program coordinators.
- Quarterly/annual responsibilities: updates and distributes office documents including the academic calendar, syllabus templates, contract cover sheets, adjunct lists, quarterly schedule of classes and “Quick Guide” to Faculty Services; updates faculty photoboard and office directories as needed; assigns mailboxes to incoming adjunct and core faculty.
- May act as first line contact both in person and on the telephone for the Faculty Services office. Disseminates information to all Faculty Services customers regarding systems, policies and procedures relating to the organization of the academic department and other crucial quarterly information.
- Assists Copy Center/AV Coordinator with reproduction of classroom academic materials during high volume periods and off-hour faculty requests; assists Copy Center/AV Coordinator with the daily operation of classroom AV equipment during high volume periods and off hours use, and identify classroom needs or problems that require the attention of the Faculty Services Manager or Facilities Department.
- Assists E-learning Support Specialist with common Moodle troubleshooting questions during high volume periods.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Undergraduate degree preferred. Minimum of 3-5 years in a responsible administrative position. Candidate must possess excellent customer services skills, written and verbal communications skills, organizational skills and the ability to follow written and verbal directions. Candidate must exercise good judgment and discretion in handling of sensitive information. Proficiency in Microsoft applications a must. Recent experience and proficient skill level in Excel, Outlook, email and calendaring functions in a network environment a must; experience with Adobe preferred. Must be willing to learn about Bastyr University, Bastyr Center for Natural Health and the programs and degrees offered by the University.
- Must know standard office procedures and equipment.
- Must be able to produce documents, forms and correspondence using MS Word/Access/Excel for Windows; knowledge of complex database systems to manipulate data and produce reports.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to type 50wpm.
- Ability to prioritize and manage several detailed tasks concurrently and work well under deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and remain flexible; must be self-starter and have good work ethic.
- Ease and proficiency in customer service, ability to be sensitive to a variety of people, problem solve, and refer appropriately.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have excellent ability to focus and complete detail work such as data entry and compiling data.
- Ability to work with large and diverse staff, student population and outside clients.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to file using alphabetical and numerical systems.
- Ability to present professional image to important visitors.
- Ability to interact, maintain composure and problem solve under difficult situations.
- Ability to multi-task and to interact respectfully with faculty, staff, and students, at all times.
- Must be willing to learn about Bastyr University, Bastyr Center for Natural Health and the programs and degrees offered by the University.
- Undergraduate degree preferred. Minimum of 3-5 years in a responsible administrative position.
- High school diploma or GED required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree favored.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and three references to jobs[at]bastyr[dot]edu
Must indicate job #14-005 and job title in subject line.
Please submit cover letter, resume and references to:
To preserve natural resources and to help process your application more quickly, we ask that you only submit your resume to the email below. No paper copies, please.
Phone: (425) 602-3087
Fax: (425) 602-3058
Office Hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Bastyr University is an equal opportunity employer. Persons of color, women, veterans, and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.